Hook

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hook

Postby Nacho Cheese » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:58 am

how about it. make a hook just faster. depending on how many credits you put into it, you could make it like instant, fast or random :)
Nacho Cheese

Postby Maks » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:55 pm

I don't even wanna know how bad that would mess up the server and it's nice mods at the moment.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby HaVoC » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:41 am

lol, but i agree the hook could be a little faster, or atleast let it hook onto other bodys and stuff that isnt the map (like the sky)

just ideas.
HaVoC

Postby Maks » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:47 am

What would be so realistic about that? And hooking into other bodies should cause damage then.
Maks

Postby Violated » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:01 pm

My opinion, the functionality of the hook is perfect. Speed is just as fast as you can run so the hook won't bring an advantage. Plus people can use a faster hook to get away .... Why bring a hook to a gun fight.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby DocHoliday » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:07 pm

I think thier idea here was that that hook can't hook onto people. I think it should personally, but no damage. As for the sky, whats the point of that? to be standing out infront of the other team with no cover? plus its not very realistic =P
"Hes so drunk I bet hes seein double!"
"Well I ve got 2 guns...1 for the both of ya"
DocHoliday

Postby HaVoC » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:40 pm

DocHoliday wrote:I think thier idea here was that that hook can't hook onto people. I think it should personally, but no damage. As for the sky, whats the point of that? to be standing out infront of the other team with no cover? plus its not very realistic =P

Yeah, hookin onto people would be fun, especialy for knifes, or when your chasing someone and they dont know your there (ive done it on other servers)

I agree with the sky thing tho.
HaVoC

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:27 pm

Just some background on how the hook came to be as it is.

- We added the hook to aid in movement in Low G. It helps to land on roofs tops , bridges, etc when you jump. Try it sometime without the hook. You just kind of float and dangle in the air while people shoot at you. It can be very annoying.

- Make the hook faster.
The first hook we used was faster. This REALLY messed up the timming on well planned maps. For example on de_dust CT's could reach the center WAY faster than the T's and could fortify their position. Made it very hard for the T's to win and made a well balanced map very unbalanced. In its current form the hook moves the player at 95% of their maximum speed. This works well for providing a balance to the hook giving it both an advantage and a disadvantage.

- Hook onto other players.
The hook is basically a harpoon. How could you harpoon another player without killing them? The hook would have to do damage then turing it into a weapon and again changing the balance of the game.

- Hook onto the sky
What would the hook grab onto? Clouds are not as dense as they appear. Last time I checked thin air was not dense enough to support a harpoon, but I could be wrong on that one.

Basically the hook is intended to be a landing aid, nothing more nothing less.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:13 am

Well said! :D

Hooks are usually used simply as directing devices.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby DocHoliday » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:35 pm

which is why I thought it should hook into people, or teammates at the least since ff is off. I just find it annoying when a person blocks my hook and Im stuck mid air on Assault....
DocHoliday

Postby Maks » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:50 pm

You've got to learn the ways of the hook. Like a true hook-master.

http://www.deadm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=20
Maks

Postby DocHoliday » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:43 pm

oh I understan how to hook, your bonws if someone blocks it though and ou have to wait that second in the air,,,
DocHoliday

Postby Maks » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:15 am

that's your problem then :P
Maybe at the Support for Problems section they can solve it.
Maks

Return to Proposed Weapons