Controlled Flashbangs

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Controlled Flashbangs

Postby justone10minute » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:28 pm

Name: CF

Cost: 1 credit

Ammo: 30

Description: A small grenade the size of a bullet hole when thrown will attach to the floor. When unfriendly unit walks/runs by, it will spring up and explode 2 flashes, 1 2 or 3 seconds apart.

Possible implementation: Use same physics as dew grenade or regular grenade/flash/smoke, except smaller. Instead of blowing up, it will have negative gravity applied to it for a split second, causing it to spring up. And flash the enemy. Of course the enemy can turn around, that's where the 2nd flash comes in. This can be used to make sure enemy is flashed or to make sure enemy is looking away trying to avoid the flash.

I am a frequent grenade user and I see many uses for such a device on both cs_ as well as de_ maps.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ EDIT ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Joka69.deadm
Only unfriendly units, like the dew grenade. The dew grenade does not blow up when you or a team mate walk by.

The one and only kenshin
Yes but since you spent credits on it, I'd figure it might as well do a little more.

Maks
Yes I can, but flashbangs are limited to only 2 per round.

357. MAgNUM
For the most part, gamers do not buy any grenades. I think of grenades as a vital part of my strategy so that's why I am proposing another type of grenades. It would be pointless if you don't use it, but not to some of the other players.
Last edited by justone10minute on Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the scar had not pained Harry for 19 years. All was well."
say hi if you see me
safety place w/ C.L.Fox
s.tudents.harps.HOOTER
justone10minute
trust me, i'm a jedi
Hero Drink
justone10minute

Postby Joka69 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:43 pm

i dont think that is gonna work very well.you will mostly end up getting you or your team flashed ,if you are close to it.
Joka69

Postby The one and only kenshin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:07 pm

You'll only flash yourself and your team if you don't use it right, just like normal flashbangs. Seems like a cool idea to me. Maybe it doesn't even need to spring up, couldn't it just flash from the ground?
The one and only kenshin

Postby Maks » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:16 am

Couldn't you just use flash bangs -.-?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby 357. MAgNUM » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:00 am

you could have them on remote controll like dew but when u see the vip or someone coming u could detonate it with right click then shoot. it gives u time to look away but still is a little pointless
357. MAgNUM

Postby Dazed & Blazed » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:33 pm

I don't like it... Would encourage camping too much.

ShabbyBoy wrote: Maks thought bs meant Beautifull Shot :D So he said thank you when someone said bs to him :D That was funny, lol
Dazed & Blazed

Postby justone10minute » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:23 pm

I do not understand how this weapon would encourage camping. Please explain.
say hi if you see me
safety place w/ C.L.Fox
s.tudents.harps.HOOTER
justone10minute
trust me, i'm a jedi
Hero Drink
justone10minute

Postby CDS-101 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:05 pm

Since most people seem to hate the flashgrenade more than hitler i can see a lot of people would have a problem with this, and my understanding of the special weapons is that most people on the server should enjoy them (yes, you never enjoy being on the receiving end but you get the picture).
Goku reeled in horror. Hitler continued laughing, then finally said "Goku! You came here expecting to find a madman, but instead, you found A GOD!" Hitler had become a Super Saiyan.
CDS-101

Postby Dazed & Blazed » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:33 pm

justone10minute wrote:I do not understand how this weapon would encourage camping. Please explain.

plant those bad boys somewhere, go wait around the corner till you hear them go off then run over there and shoot away while your opponents are blinded..

ShabbyBoy wrote: Maks thought bs meant Beautifull Shot :D So he said thank you when someone said bs to him :D That was funny, lol
Dazed & Blazed

Postby justone10minute » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:51 pm

Same as dew grenades, only not deadly. I see your point though cds.
say hi if you see me
safety place w/ C.L.Fox
s.tudents.harps.HOOTER
justone10minute
trust me, i'm a jedi
Hero Drink
justone10minute

Postby Dazed & Blazed » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:31 pm

justone10minute wrote:Same as dew grenades, only not deadly. I see your point though cds.

idk, i just dont see the point. You use flashbangs to blind you opponent so you can kill them... If you have stationary ones what is the point? You would have to be close if you wanted to take advantage of them... hence people camping.

Dazed & Blazed

Postby justone10minute » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:13 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of slowing down the rescue of hostages and the defusal of bombs. We each have different views on how this weapon could be used.
say hi if you see me
safety place w/ C.L.Fox
s.tudents.harps.HOOTER
justone10minute
trust me, i'm a jedi
Hero Drink
justone10minute

Postby Maks » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:39 pm

Which I would say is good. That way you can make it better.
How about a timed remote flashbang. That if it isn't exploded in a certain amount of time it will vaporise.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Return to Proposed Weapons