Methane gun and gas mask

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Methane gun and gas mask

Postby mastergohan » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:43 pm

This would launch a cartidge (sp) with methane in it. I'm sure u know that if you breathe in all that methane your lungs fill up with water and you drown. It would have about the same range as the explosion of a dew grenade and would decipate after a few seconds.

advantages
you can put out nearby napalm
drown multiple enemies in one shot

disadvantes
you can easily drown yourself...
limited ammunition

Gas mask
This would be like flame or blast armor, except it would protect against the methane. I think thats all that needs to be said here.

EDIT: My bad, methane robs things of oxygen. So it would still have the same effect on both targets and napalm, it would just suffocate instead of drown.
Last edited by mastergohan on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What I have shown you is reality...what you remember...that is the illusion!" -Sephiroth, ffVII
mastergohan

Postby Maks » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:49 pm

Methane.. drowning... Me not understanding this... :?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby mastergohan » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:13 pm

If you breathe in methane it causes your lungs to fill up with water. Don't ask me how it does that but it does.

EDIT: Read first post..
"What I have shown you is reality...what you remember...that is the illusion!" -Sephiroth, ffVII
mastergohan

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:57 pm

I think you are a bit mistaken about methane. You actually breath methane every day. Methane is produced in nature when biological material decomposes. Swamps produce large amounts of methane as material sinks to the bottom and decomposes. When a person passes gas and it smells bad what you are actually smelling is methane gas (and sulfur)..

So you are basically you are suggesting a stink (or fart) gun.
Should also mention that methane is HIGHLY flamable.

The symptoms you describe are closer to cyanide gas than methane.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby mastergohan » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:41 pm

O.o u sure? I know about the farts and whatnot but i searched google and it told me that it can suffocate if too much is taken in by robbing you of oxygen.
mastergohan

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:04 pm

That is true for any gas. If your lungs fill with anything but oxogen you will die (from a lack of oxogen). It is not that the gas "steals" oxogen, it is that your lungs are (or would be) full of something other than oxogen.

Fill your lungs with CO2, Helium, Hydrogen, Argon and they will displace oxogen. The same is true for water, fill your lungs with water and you will die. Basically it only displaces the oxogen it does not destroy it.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Proposed Weapons