laser rifle?

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

laser rifle?

Postby mastergohan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:47 pm

This would be a laser (duhhhh..) that would constantly fire as long as the mouse button is held. It would have a little bit farther range than the napalm launcher and when you use alt fire and fires with 3 times the strength and range, but won't fire rapidly. It would have around 400 ammo and the alt fire would use 3. The alt fire will also blast you back

advantages
alt fire makes a good escape. Fire it at the ground and you'll be launched higher than your normal jump.

disadvantages
the range kinda keeps you from staying far away from a target.

i'd give this 6 credits or so...

EDIT: Oh yea, and if possible the alt fire will go through the target...if it's a player of course.
Last edited by mastergohan on Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What I have shown you is reality...what you remember...that is the illusion!" -Sephiroth, ffVII
mastergohan

Postby Dark Goten » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:48 pm

a good skin for that would be the gauss gun from half life
I've got to ask you...about the Penis Mightier.
Dark Goten

Postby Cablekid » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:44 am

Ello... special weapon ideas have to be modern day tech.
Inuyasha... nuff said.
Cablekid

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:59 am

not really... the dew grenade isnt really "modern"
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:43 am

Demolition Man wrote:not really... the dew grenade isnt really "modern"

Well a good special weapon uses technology that is realistic. The technology can be experimental, but should be grounded in reality. The problem with laser based technology today is to get a powerful enough laser to hurt a person, the laser and power source are not portable.

The dew's are based on real life air fuel mixture weapons. Large versions of these weapons are used to litterally cut the tops of mountains off (Daisy Cutters). Smaller versions have been used to clear paths through mine fields, with mixed results. Disquising the weapon in a mountain dew can is just my tribute to the soda that got me through so many nights of late study in colledge.

The detonation mechanism of the dews is based off the latest generation of land mines being tested. The mines can detect the difference between a person, animal, or vehicle and only detonate when a person is in proximity. They accept an encoded digital signal that tells the mine to detonate. In real life the signal is intened to be used once the mine field is no longer needed. It is an attempt to reduce deaths by mines when wars are over.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Proposed Weapons