tactical helmet

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tactical helmet

Postby Violated » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:45 pm

tactical helmet

ive seen this one on future fighting machines, i think the british are testing this out but not 100% sure, it looks like a bike helmet with a complete face visor. i was thining if possable it would prevent headshots and i doubt this is possable because i think it would require client side coding but it also has a camera that faces behind you and a small display screen on the visor that allows you to see behind you.

advantages
- prevent headshots
- see behind you

cant think of any disadvantages right now
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:34 pm

If we can get the PIP code working the backward facing camera should be do able. My initial thoughts would be rather than creating a new weapon make this an enhancement to the existing blast armor. Since protecting the player is what blast armor basically does.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:11 am

The us version of the system is called "Land Warrior" http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/land-warrior.htm
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Violated » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:12 am

^^ :D im lovin the idea about making it an enhancement but you would have to make something for the flam armor also if the blast armor basiclly would have 2 in 1 benifits

my idea of prevent HS was completly remove HS counts but your right about it basiclly same as blast armor since you have plenty HP
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Violated » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:50 am

i found something like i was talking about, the one i saw was for law enforcement spec ops, same technology as the one you found just applied to law enf. it looked like this one

http://www.natick.army.mil/about/pao/pu ... awsuit.htm

but the helmet looked like this

http://www.interq.or.jp/venus/chi-pi/bike/helmet.jpg

i just remembered where i saw this, future fighting machines, it was a CGI demonstration but the pistol they had was a little to future. a 4 barrel pistol with 4 types of ammo that could be used with just a voice command or the flip of a switch, one type was a standard .9mm, another is a tranquilizer, another is a super bright tracer, and the other was a miniture rocket that could be used to fire behind you while your facing the opposite direction. the gun could only be used by the police officer that it was assigned to and to unluck the weapon it would require a voice recognition... <-- yea try and make that gun...lol jokin
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:56 am

Sounds a bit like Judge Dred... The gun and the helmet. Now we just need a motorcycle that can fly.. :lol: lol.

Just a question: Are there mirrors in CS?
Cause I don't really remember one in the game but maybe you could make like HUGE mirrors on the side of your helmet. Kidding :D .

I think it is a good idea but I still think that when you have PIP when you are playing it distracts a bit. Maybe like a detector that it could make a sound when someone is behind you or something?

Just making suggestions though.. :)
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:43 am

Hmm, I DO like the PIP idea :P
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Angel of Death » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:47 pm

The PIP is definatly a good idea. However, i think it should only be about
250 x 200 pixles and positioned in the lower right hand corner of tyhe screen.
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby arch » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:34 pm

but wouldnt it cover your hp/ap and your money?
arch

Postby Angel of Death » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:46 pm

no, it could be placed so it is not covering any stats.
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Return to Proposed Weapons