net gun

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

net gun

Postby Violated » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:44 pm

a net gun ( Click Here ) i cant find an image of the actuall gun.

it would obviously stop the player in thier tracks, but if possable let the player be able to break out thier knife and after a few slashes the player would be free from the net.

advantages
- stop the player

dis-advantage
- would take some time to reload and only has one net per reload
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:43 pm

Interesting. Can you think of any maps where this would give you an advantage on?

I am just wondering since the police use them to subdue fleeing suspects. How well would they work against someone with a gun?

Maybe once a player is netted they can't shoot the primary weapon because it is too bug to move in the net but could still knife and fire the pistol.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:47 pm

I think it would work on much maps.

Ex.: Cs_assault, your CT. A T is coming out of the main entrance of the building, your on the building. You shoot a net on him from above.

Or if you are jumping. Its difficult to aim then. So you just shoot the net and you can land on the ground and shoot the enemy.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Angel of Death » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:47 pm

could it be electricaly charged so it shocks and stuns them when it hits them? Would inflict more damage.
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby Violated » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:57 am

interesting suggestion angel of death, it would be more helpful for it to be electrified <-- have it do something like 5 - 15hp every 2 - 4 seconds untill they get out of the net and if they dont they would eventually die or have it do xx damage at one time and after the inital damage it wouldnt be electrified.

yea i was pondering that idea fluff, and having the primary weapon un-usable in the net is a great idea. as to the benifits on maps i cant really think of many mainly posting the idea in hopes of improvement on ideas from other players to possably make the weapon a plus in any map.

also heres an idea, if possable have the net be able to hold up to 2 players ( thats if you get the chance to use it when 2 players are close to each other )

and besides i always have players fleeing away from me... lol jokin
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:41 am

I like the electrical idea 2.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Return to Proposed Weapons