Bear Trap

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bear Trap

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:40 pm

Bear Trap would be cool.

here a some pics if you do not know what it looks like

For more pictures click here

How it works:

You open the jaws so they are flat against the ground. When some one steps in the middle of the jaw it snapps shut on the persons foot of feet. This would give 50% damage because (in the real world) the wound will not heal, will constanly bleed until it gets so infected you die and jaw reamins on foot untill it you knaw or hack your foot off much like a wolf or bear would do. This weapon/trap would slow you down greatly because you would be hobbling. This would cost 4 credits for 6 traps. This weapon could also be made so it continually sucks the life out of you. Basically it would drain your hp until you die.

Tactical Advantage:
1. Inflicts a great amount of damage.
2. Simple device and can be camouflaged to blend in with surroundings
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:47 pm

An interesting low tech apporach. Could be a funny weapon if you can hear the trap snap shut and add a player scream.

On the damage I would suggest only having initial damage. After that the victim would move slower because of the damage to his foot. I think you can assume a human has the abillity to remove the trap from his foot (as you would if you stepped on one). The foot would be damaged and painful to walk on.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:31 pm

Maybe there should be something like a defusal kit to free the players. You can buy it as pecial weapon for 1 credit I guess. And you can free you and other teammates with it. I like the beartrap idee.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:43 pm

What about destroying the beartrap?? Even if it is cloaked but you think there is one, you can shoot it in too little pieces.
Last edited by Maks on Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:44 pm

Maks wrote:What about destroying the beartrap?? If it cloaked but you there is one you can shoot it too little pieces.

Maybe a option that it will close when you shoot on it, so it won't work when someone walks over it.
Last edited by ShabbyBoy on Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:55 pm

(Cloaked means invisible too the seeying eye Shabby.) What would be the point too shoot it too close it when you want too destroy it? If you don't want it too work you can destroy it or damage it and the owner of it could repair it with the defusal kit you mentioned...?

AND I DO THINK CLEAR!!
Last edited by Maks on Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:56 pm

Maks wrote:Cloaked means invisible too the seeying eye Shabby. :? What would be the point too shoot it when you want too destroy it? If you don't want it too work you can destroy it or damage it and the owner of it could repair it with the defusal kit you mentioned...?

Huh, your not thinking clear Maks.

You dont repair it with defusal kit.

first:

You can close the trap by shooting on it
If its still opened and you walk on it you will stay stuck till the end of the round or you will die.

But:
You can buy a defusal kit as a special weapons (a special defusal kit) So you can free yourself and other players.

Maybe a idea that it only hurts 1 hp a seconds, against camping...
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:31 pm

I don't know if we need to cloak it. The idea in the original post was to camouflage the trap, meaning it is hard to see but still possible to see in the right conditions. So a trap in a dark hall way, tunnel, etc would not be noticeable (Similar to how dew granades blend into green areas).
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:33 pm

That was I meant. I just didn't know the word anymore. But if you just put your Flashlight on you can see them. :D 8)
Maks

Postby Angel of Death » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:27 pm

Thats pretty much how its done. At first glance you would not see it because it blends in with the ground. Should you flash your flashlight on it you would see it.

I think the defusal kit thing is a good idea. Unlike a bomb thought you would need a defusal kit, to get it off other wise you will die as it is, as shabby said, taking 1 hp a second. Any one can use a defusal kit on it. For instance a teammate or opponent can use one on the trap to remove it. I also think you should also be able to shoot it to close it not to destroy it.
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:12 pm

I am not too sure about the defusal idea, seems odd you would need a kit to open the trap. All you need is your hands to pry it open.

The shoot disable notion is good. A real life bear trap would be tripped by a bullet and once tripped it would no longer work.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Angel of Death » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:20 pm

I suppose you could open it your self. so axe the defuser idea.
Angel of Death

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:34 pm

Hmm, yeah. But I think it will take a while before you get out of the trap.
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:37 pm

Sure, it could hold the player in one position for a few seconds. That would make sence.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Proposed Weapons