Remote Control C4

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:45 pm

What if it would be remote controlled? Then you should control it the whole time and you have to watch it.. Then you'll get killed quickly. Or am I wrong?? :?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:49 pm

Indeed, I also think it would be better if its heat seeking, but if Fluffy thinks it is possible to play normal with remote control, you can always try it os course.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:50 pm

Yup... that's true. But I can't imagine controlling a helicopter and playing at the same time.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:58 pm

Maks wrote:Yup... that's true. But I can't imagine controlling a helicopter and playing at the same time.

We'll see...

We can always change it if it doesnt work.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:21 pm

The problem with heat seeking is it would not work very well. A heat seeking missle would do a better job, making little justification for a special weapon that behaves similar to a missile but is not as effective.

True while you are using the remote control you are a sitting duck. That servers as a good down side to the weapon. We can add features that make control easier.

- Ex: If you switch to a shotting weapon the vehicle stops moving, could hover or land.

Changing the players view to that of the camera can definitely be done. The PIP stuff may not be possible, I just don't know yet. The client can support PIP but it remains to be seen if it can be controlled using server side code.

I tested a little bit with PIP about a year ago looking into adding a camera to the nose cone of heat missles. Never got it working well, but there are still things I can try.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:28 pm

And what if your dead?

What if you have changed to a gun and it began to hover or something like that. Then you die but the helicopter is still there. Could you still remote control it and kill someone?? :D
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:35 pm

Being dead and still able to control an in game weapon would be extremely unfair.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:48 pm

That's right. But maybe making the RCC4 like really really expensive. Like 15 credits or more. :twisted: But the dew grenades also kill while your dead. But yes, you can't control them anymore.

That reminds me btw> There was time I was walking in a standard map on deadm and it was somewhere in a underground waterpipe.(in the time when you were making the spec weps I think)(dunno name of underground waterpipe in english) And suddenly I heared this Flamethrower shooting but didn't saw anything. So I kept looking but didn't find anything. Then I saw an enemy and got killed. Then I heared it again while I was dead. So I was looking with Free Look and kept searching. And suddenly I see a flame coming out of nowhere. And I knew it was you testing the flamethrower ON ME!!! :evil: You were evil then. :twisted:
Maks

Previous

Return to Proposed Weapons