Water Blast Mini Gun (BETA)

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Water Blast Mini Gun (BETA)

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:27 am

Oh oh... I had this crazy idea again. A “water blast mini gun”. A mini gun that shoots water.

If you have seen Terminator 2: Judgment Day then you must know what a mini gun is. If you do not know: Mini Gun 1 , Mini Gun 2 , Mini Gun 3 . But I don’t want it to be exactly like a mini gun. It should have some features of a normal water gun too. Water gun: Water Gun . So it would be cool to have a mini gun and water gun combined in too one gun. Example: Example .
That should give the drawers some ideas about a weapon.

The ammo of course is water so you need to store it somehow. For that I had a backpack in mind. Something like those water backpack thingies. Like this: Back Pack .

The mini gun fires small but high pressurized squirts of water. It would be effective against the napalm flamethrower. If you would see a teammate on fire you can put out the fire with the “water blast mini gun”. But usually you die very fast of the napalm flamethrower so you have to be fast to extinguish the fire. But I don’t have in mind just to be defensive against the flamethrower. It will also be an attack weapon. If you get hit by a “high pressurized squirt of water” you will get hurt.
Ammo (how many shots) can be kind of the same as the flamethrower. Also the accuracy can be the same as the flamethrower. I came up with the idea because of the flamethrower. Figurative, the “water blast mini gun” is the good twin brother of napalm flamethrower.

So in summary:
Advantages:
- It will extinguish fire.
- It can damage players.

Disadvantages:
- The weapon will be heavy so you will walk slower
- Because of the pressurized shots, the recoil will be high.

As for last… Don’t mind the grammatical mistakes I’ve made... As you know, I’m not English. And please make the drawing a bit colorful. The napalm flamethrower looks so… uhm… “dull”.

If you have any suggestions of addition to this weapon, please post it.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Re: Water Blast Mini Gun

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:44 am

Maybe some ideas:
- You can refill it when you go in water
- If you shoot enemy's shotgun , their shotgun will be inactive for the whole round. (shotguns cant shoot when wet)
- You can make teammates wet before they are going to attack an enemy with a flamethrower. It will work like flame armor, but only for a few seconds.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:26 am

Hmm interesting. You definitely get a cookie for originality. Very creative idea.

To make the gun effective wouldn't you have to carry about a firetruck worth of water? At least the water guns they use to control riots are pretty much armored fire trucks.

- What if instead of water it shot a foam+water mix. It could be fire retardent , slow players down, and diable weapons (as Shabby says). SWAT teams are actually experimenting with foam weapons to control riots. They are small and hand held (not requiring a fire truck).

- The idea of a mini gun itself I think has a lot of possibillities. I could even see a mini gun as a stand alone motion sensing weapon that could be used to guard hostages, bomb sites, or rescue points. It could be dropped some place on the map and wait for enemies. OR combine it with shabby's remote control idea and have the gun on a remote controlled vechicle you could move around the map. SWAT team actually have remote controlled moveable sniper riffles.

- Shabby's idea of pre wetting players is a good one also.

What do you think?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:50 am

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Hmm interesting. You definitely get a cookie for originality. Very creative idea.

To make the gun effective wouldn't you have to carry about a firetruck worth of water? At least the water guns they use to control riots are pretty much armored fire trucks.

- What if instead of water it shot a foam+water mix. It could be fire retardent , slow players down, and diable weapons (as Shabby says). SWAT teams are actually experimenting with foam weapons to control riots. They are small and hand held (not requiring a fire truck).

- The idea of a mini gun itself I think has a lot of possibillities. I could even see a mini gun as a stand alone motion sensing weapon that could be used to guard hostages, bomb sites, or rescue points. It could be dropped some place on the map and wait for enemies. OR combine it with shabby's remote control idea and have the gun on a remote controlled vechicle you could move around the map. SWAT team actually have remote controlled moveable sniper riffles.

What do you think?

Are you in SWAT?? You know alot about them :P

First of all.. The foam+water mix is a good idea.. I can't imagine a player dragging a firetruck behind him.

Secondly, A mini gun is heavy so it would be cool too deploy it somewhere and shoot while you stand still. But then you can't move of course. Too make it an automatic aiming gun or something doesn't fit the water blasting part I think. And to put a mini gun with normal bullets would be cool on a remote controlled vehicle A.K.A. RCC4.

And last, I do agree with Shabby's ideas.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:58 am

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Hmm interesting. You definitely get a cookie for originality. Very creative idea.

What do you think?

I like this idea!

Maybe it would be cool then that you slow down by walking through the foam, and you cant jump. So the foam is very thick then ;)
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:08 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:I like this idea!

Maybe it would be cool then that you slow down by walking through the foam, and you cant jump. So the foam is very thick then ;)

But what if you want to make your teammates wet :? Then they can't jump and hardly move. Ain't smart now is it :D ?
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:09 pm

Maks wrote:
ShabbyBoy wrote:I like this idea!

But what if you want to make your teammates wet :? Then they can't jump and hardly move. Ain't smart now is it :D ?

They dont have to be fast, There have to be some disadvantages for your own teammates 2... Maybe yit makes you jump, but not that high, and you always got the hook to get you out...
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:17 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:They dont have to be fast, There have to be some disadvantages for your own teammates 2... Maybe yit makes you jump, but not that high, and you always got the hook to get you out...

Yes, yes. That's true.. But I don't think the foam+water mix must be too thick. Cause if it is, you can hardly get the fire out I guess. And I think it should have twice the thickness of normal water or just the real thickness what Fluffy probarly know.

Let's talk about damage. How many should it be??
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:24 pm

Maks wrote:
ShabbyBoy wrote:They dont have to be fast, There have to be some disadvantages for your own teammates 2... Maybe yit makes you jump, but not that high, and you always got the hook to get you out...

Yes, yes. That's true.. But I don't think the foam+water mix must be too thick. Cause if it is, you can hardly get the fire out I guess. And I think it should have twice the thickness of normal water or just the real thickness what Fluffy probarly know.

Let's talk about damage. How many should it be??

You cant put out fire with thick foam :? Of course you can! As long as the fire got no oxygen, the fire will put out. But it doesnt matter how thick it is, because it would probarly be too difficult to make something like that.

I think the damage shouldnt be too big, this is more a defence weapon then a attack weapon...
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:30 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:You cant put out fire with thick foam :? Of course you can! As long as the fire got no oxygen, the fire will put out. But it doesnt matter how thick it is, because it would probarly be too difficult to make something like that.

I think the damage shouldnt be too big, this is more a defence weapon then a attack weapon...

Ok ok. I agree.

But the damage should be around 5/10hp per hit. Normally if you are in air and you get shot you fly away, not far though. But because this is a pressurized shot you will fly further away.
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:15 pm

Instead of damage you could just do the slow down. Just make it dependent how much foam gets squirted. A short burst of foam will slow you down a little and give you some flame protection. A long burst will give you more protection but slow you even more.

Then it can be used to attack enimies using long bursts that slow them down alot and maybe impact weapons.

You would use short bursts to protect your own people. It would slow them down a bit, but that would be the price they pay for having the flame protection.

We could also make it if a lot of foam is sprayed then the player begins to drown like you do when swimming.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:20 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Instead of damage you could still do the slow down. Just make it dependent how much foam gets squirted. A short burst of foam will slow you down a little and give you some flame protection. A long burst will give you more protection but slow you even more.

Then it can be used to attack enimies using long bursts that slow them down alot and maybe impact weapons.

You would use short bursts to protect your own people. It would slow them down a bit, but that would be the price they pay for having the flame protection.

But what about yourself? Can you also squirt yourself with it?
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:21 pm

I would say no, simply because in CS there are no guns you can shoot yourself with. What do you guys think?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:30 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:I would say no, simply because in CS there are no guns you can shoot yourself with. What do you guys think?

I dont know, I dont think much people will buy special weapons to defend other people... Maybe it is an idea that if you squirt in air, the foam floats a little bit, so you got the time to walk under it and get the foam over you...
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:38 pm

That is a possibillity, but if your goal is only flame protection flame armor would be a much better buy. It has all the advantages with none of the dis advantages.

It seems the abillity to impede the entire enemy team would be a strong enough plus, especially for assault maps.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Next

Return to Proposed Weapons