Water Blast Mini Gun (BETA)

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:24 pm

Instead of a tank you could use platic capsules, like paint balls, that are filled with the substance and break open on contact with the victim. Then you could have different ammo types, foam, pepper spray, etc.

LAPD is experimenting with this concept. They actually use a painball gun that shoots pepper spray, and stink bombs. (Yes stink bombs).

Being able to switch ammo types through clips could add an extra dimension to the weapon.

Also keep in mind as I said before in CS there is no way to shoot yourself with a weapon. The player view has no concept of collision with self. As I mentioned before the case of the flame thrower is the flame thrower ignites an object. It is the burning object that does player damage, not the weapon.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:33 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Instead of a tank you could use platic capsules, like paint balls, that are filled with the substance and break open on contact with the victim. Then you could have different ammo types, foam, pepper spray, etc.

LAPD is experimenting with this concept. They actually use a painball gun that shoots pepper spray, and stink bombs. (Yes stink bombs).

Being able to switch ammo types through clips could add an extra dimension to the weapon.

Also keep in mind as I said before in CS there is no way to shoot yourself with a weapon. The player view has no concept of collision with self. As I mentioned before the case of the flame thrower is the flame thrower ignites an object. It is the burning object that does player damage, not the weapon.

STOP IT WITH THE EXPERIMENTING STUFF!!!
But it is a good idea... And can the tanks stay... I like them :D
Stink bombs would do what exactly :?: and pepper spray would make you see black I think.. COOL 8)
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:54 pm

STOP IT WITH THE EXPERIMENTING STUFF!!!

Do you prefer the word testing, or how about evaluating?

And can the tanks stay

They can, but CS has issues with items that attach to the backs of players and the hands at the same time. The flame thrower gave me fits trying to get it to look good.

Stink bombs would do what exactly

In CS who knows. I was just throwing that out as a real world application of the concept. In real life they make you throw up and take away your desire to riot.

pepper spray would make you see black I think.

Yeah also maybe jerk you around a bit from the coughing and gagging with some (minor) damage to your air ways.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:06 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Do you prefer the word testing, or how about evaluating?

... :-# :-({|= .. Evaluating looks good.

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:They can, but CS has issues with items that attach to the backs of players and the hands at the same time. The flame thrower gave me fits trying to get it to look good.

What does "gave me fits trying" mean? And... THEY MUST STAY!! :P :D

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:In CS who knows. I was just throwing that out as a real world application of the concept. In real life they make you throw up and take away your desire to riot.

Sounds good though.. But not on the Foam/Water Blast Mini Gun.

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Yeah also maybe jerk you around a bit from the coughing and gagging with some (minor) damage to your air ways.

Also sounds good. Maybe just really make it like a normal spray bottle and really spray on people.(maybe with pressure for long distance) It's fun too annoy people with CS. (with the guns I mean).
Last edited by Maks on Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:16 am

If it's gonna be a mini gun I prefer the idea of Fluffy's 'paintballs'
If it's gonna be with tank I prefer a gun with a big barrel.

The different kind of ammo is discussed in this topic.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Angel of Death » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:38 am

The capsule idea sounds best
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:52 am

Is it? Lets investigate :P .

What if you had those capsules.
-How would you store them?
My idea would be some kind of bag on your back. So not a tank or bottle.
-Wich one gun would suit best?
I think the mini gun. With a few modifications you could make it a capsule shooting gun.
-What would it do exactly?
The capsule will pop open when hits an enemy, as Fluffy said, and would make the enemy partsly wet or whatever like that. But it would not make the enemy completely wet or how you would call.
My conclusion: You would have to shoot more capsules to make the enemy completely non-fuctionable. It would be not wise.

AND OMG WHAT IS THIS SMELL HERE!!!! SOMEKIND OF ROTTEN FISH!!! :-# :x
ok. sorry for that.

What if you used the spraying idea.
-How would you store the foam?
In tanks on your back.
-How would you should the foam?
With the mini gun. If you put a barrel on it and some pressure modifier it could shoot like a normal mini gun but then foam.
-What would it do exactly?
You spray the foam on your enemy where ever you want to hit him. SO you can choose what you want to disable.
My conslusion: I think the foam spraying idea is better. You can shoot better and the ammo would be less then the capsules.
Only my thoughts though.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:31 pm

My internet was down today so I made a little 3D model of the backpack.

Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:34 pm

I still say: A foam gun needs a big fat barrel, something looking like the flamethrower...
ShabbyBoy

Postby Fa- » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:22 pm

just a quicky.....

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' ¤~ http://www.artofadam.com
Fa-

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:13 am

This is what the army version of the weapon looks like http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mrcd.htm
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:18 am

Does that mean it can't be a mini gun?? :cry: And what about the backpacks for it..? Will they be forgotten or not? Cause I see one sticking on the gun...
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:09 am

The only thing I can find that uses a back pack is the m33 http://www.tpub.com/content/chemical-biological/TM-43-0002-31/css/TM-43-0002-31_22.htm
It shoots flame and tear-gas, but not foam. It was replaced (by the Army) with the hand held foam gun.

It seems:
- The mini gun makes scense if you use paint balls (and have diff ammo types)

- A single barrle makes scense if it just shoots foam. So far none of the foam guns I have found have a back pack.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:11 am

Can't we make a exception?? :cry:
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:47 am

Of course you dont use a minigun for foam. Only like Fluffy said if you use little balls. But I really can't imagine someone using a minigun for shooting foam :?
ShabbyBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Proposed Weapons