Water Blast Mini Gun (BETA)

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby ShabbyBoy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:22 am

Squidward wrote:hey

Howdy.

Anyway, I think this weapon would be very succesfull...
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:33 am

ShabbyBoy wrote:
Maks wrote:
ShabbyBoy wrote:So what are the facts now?
I got:

- It will be foam
- If you squirt teammates with it they got Flame Armor for a few seconds
- If you squirt enemys you'll be able to disable some of their weapons.
- If you squirt enemys they will walk slower.
- How more you squirt on a enemy, how more it will slow down, how more you squirt on a teammate, how more they will be protected against flamethrowers (they will also slow down more, but not that much)

These are not yet disCussed good:
- With much foam you can drown*
- You can squirt youRself to squirt in air and catch it*
- Enemy's sight will decrease when squirted*
- We have to discuss about the damage again..*

I like this idea very much!

First of all.. you improved your english Shabby.. Well done :wink:

Ok.. The facts are true.

-I think that you won't drown but just run out of air because the foam will block your airways.
-I don't agree with squirting yourself. You just will have to buy a flame armor for that.
-Enemy's sight will decrease.. At the same time you will run out of air.
-Damage will be the out of air part. If you want to kill him faster you just have too switch with a right-mouse feature too another gun.

But that's just my opinion.

Mine are:
- Indeed running out of air is ok
- I do agree squirting yourself, beacause you will walk slower, and its only for a few seconds.
- Sight decreasing, that sounds good too
- I think there should be damage, but only a little bit. And only if your close to someone because of the pressure

Now Fluffy:
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:What do you think?

So.. those are the facts again.
I've changed my mind.

My new mind :P:
-I agree with the running out of air. As you said. There has to be some disadvantages.
-If you CAN squirt yourself cause you can also flame yourself. So you also will suffer some damage when you suffocate.(can't find my dutch-english dictionary)
-The damage you will get is the running out of air part.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:00 am

Now what is your conclusion Fluffy?
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:27 pm

For your idea of the mini gun it could be a combo of the three weapons.

Mini Gun barrel could shoot bullets and in the center of the min gun you could shoot the water and foam. Right click would shoot the foam and water together at a proportional rate.

A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:37 am

As for as I know there are only 2 weapons. The Foam and Water are mix in a tank before it shoots. Because you couldn't carry that much water. Also. We did not get too the agreement too put a bullet feature on it. If you have read the last few posts you see that that are the facts of the latest discussion. We only need too agree about a few more things, (Wich we exually already did I guess), and the conclusion of Fluffy.

Have you read the complete discussion or only the last 2 pages?
Maks

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:31 am

A little example what the backpack bottle would be like.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:59 am

It's.. it's... PUPRLE! :shock:
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:00 am

Please post that at Feedback/Comments part :twisted:
Maks

Postby Angel of Death » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:45 pm

In actuality it is better to have two separate tanks. One for water and one for the foam compound. That way you will be able to shoot more foam because the mixture would form foam when it hits its taget. In other words the water would shoot and the foam compond would shoot at the same time and would stay separate until they both hit the tagret which would then mix the compund with the water thus forming foam. True it would be heavier but in the end you would have more ammo.

You dont need that much water. And if you mix it before you shoot it it would already be hardened. Its like concrete mix. You need more powder than water, to much water and it wont set. Therefore you will need more foam compound than water.

I dont think there is a rule that says i cannot post ideas about weapons. Im just throwing things onto the table. Nothing is set in stone.
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:03 pm

Ehum, Isn't foam always a mix of water :?

Unless you mean one part for water and one part for soap...
ShabbyBoy

Postby Angel of Death » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:21 pm

For get the two hose, two tank idea.

You could just use something like Expanding Polyurethane Foam.
When sprayed it expands, then hardens. I think that would suffice. No water is needed for that. How ever you could still combine this wapon with the Mini-gun. That wouls be a great weapon.
Angel of Death

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:37 pm

Angel of Death wrote:For get the two hose, two tank idea.

You could just use something like Expanding Polyurethane Foam.
When sprayed it expands, then hardens. I think that would suffice. No water is needed for that. How ever you could still combine this wapon with the Mini-gun. That wouls be a great weapon.

Yeah, I had that idea also befor (http://www.deadm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... c&start=30)

But i think that would not be cool anymore, the whole plan have to change then. You are not protected against fire if you are foamed with hardened foam.
ShabbyBoy

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:39 pm

I think the facts descibed in here would be the best...
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:20 pm

I agree with ShabbyBoy. The facts are better as they are in there. Your idea are good but mostly already discussed. Good thinking though :wink: . But still the question: Have you read the whole topic? Because you say things that are already mentioned.
Maks

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:22 pm

And the tank or bottle I made is just an example of how I would think it should be. I had in mind to use 2 bottles/tanks because one filled with foam is not enough ammo.
Maks

PreviousNext

Return to Proposed Weapons