Water Blast Mini Gun (BETA)

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:43 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:That is a possibillity, but if your goal is only flame protection flame armor would be a much better buy. It has all the advantages with none of the dis advantages.

It seems the abillity to impede the entire enemy team would be a strong enough plus, especially for assault maps.

Mayb a right-mousebutton option then. That you can shoot bullets fast. Otherwise you have to switch weapon the whole time...
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:52 pm

agreed that concept has possibillities.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:59 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:That is a possibillity, but if your goal is only flame protection flame armor would be a much better buy. It has all the advantages with none of the dis advantages.

It seems the abillity to impede the entire enemy team would be a strong enough plus, especially for assault maps.

Mayb a right-mousebutton option then. That you can shoot bullets fast. Otherwise you have to switch weapon the whole time...

Ok... Since was there a discussion with bullets :?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:12 pm

So.. I read the discussion all over again and up loud. I finally get it but still not the bullets part. Does is have something to do with the foam disabling weapons??
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:03 pm

Maks wrote:So.. I read the discussion all over again and up loud. I finally get it but still not the bullets part. Does is have something to do with the foam disabling weapons??

This is because people will not buy a weapon to defent their whole team except theirselve. There have to be an option on it to make it more attractive for people to buy, so they can defend theirself with it. The foam is made to slow down the enemies, but then you have to switch to your gun, that all costs time. Its better that the right mousebutton would make the gun shoot bullets. So they first squirt, and then shoot. That would be better for players.

I was thinking of new feature of this weapon while i was typing:
- When you squirt a enemy, their sight will bee worse because there is foam on their face, so its not easy to see. If their sight would be clear, it would be still as easy as normal to kill someone. This feature is not neccasary, if people are stuck for +/- 5 seconds, their will be a big chance they are dying.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:12 pm

Aaah I get it.. So if there stuck in the foam they can't move and you shoot them in peaces with the right-mouse button feature. Very clever guys. But I had an idea about it when you shoot bullets. It should first begin with turning and then after a second begin with shooting. In real life it also begins with turning and then shooting. All in 2 or 1 second(s) I guess.
Last edited by Maks on Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:46 pm

oooppssss, I miss understood the bullet thing.. Yeah I am kinda with MAKS, a weapon that fires foam and bullets is a bit hoakey. I thought you ment a right mouse could possibly switch to a weapon that used bullets, like your primary weapon or pistol.

I am not too sure about the concept of a foam fireing bullet gun. It just does not feel right.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:30 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:oooppssss, I miss understood the bullet thing.. Yeah I am kinda with MAKS, a weapon that fires foam and bullets is a bit hoakey. I thought you ment a right mouse could possibly switch to a weapon that used bullets, like your primary weapon or pistol.

I am not too sure about the concept of a foam fireing bullet gun. It just does not feel right.

Yeah.. I was searching for the sentence.. You kill your enemy with bullets of the same gun but couldn't find so I didn't get it first. And it started out as a "WATER BLAST mini gun" so it should still be with the water part. Because you can't just shoot with the same gun bullets. In real life you can't shoot bullets out of a gun where earlier foam+water came out. Cause if the foam+water mix would disable other guns it would also disable the bullets you try shooting. I do agree with the switching weapon part with your right-mouse button. That's all... I'm going too bed now :P

BTW:
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:What do you think?
You talk like Dr. Phil.. Always asking... What do you think about that??
Maks

Postby Monkeyboy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:40 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:I would say no, simply because in CS there are no guns you can shoot yourself with. What do you guys think?

In CS yes, but you can shoot yourself with the Flame thrower, or at least let the results of your shooting fall on you.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:55 pm

Yeah, but in the case of Naplm it is not falling on you. What happens is the napalm hits an object and burns the object for a few seconds. If you come in contact with the flames you start to burn too. I don't know if the same applies to foam. For the foam to work it needs to harden quickly. If you were to spray foam on a wall and run into it wouldn't that just stick you to the wall? (Since the foam would bond to the wall and then to you).
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:13 am

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:oooppssss, I miss understood the bullet thing.. Yeah I am kinda with MAKS, a weapon that fires foam and bullets is a bit hoakey. I thought you ment a right mouse could possibly switch to a weapon that used bullets, like your primary weapon or pistol.

I mean more like a dubble gun, like the grenade launcher. Its for launching grenades, but when you missed, you can fast shoot bullets with it.

With the Water blast mini gun, you squirt foam on the enemy, then the enemy is almost stuck, but he still can shoot you, that would be a problem. If you got a gun on the gun -so one barrel for foam, and on that barrel, there is a barrel for bullets, not from the same barrel- it would be more effective, because people just dont want to buy a 'weapon' that only defents other people, it's kinda like spend your credits on other peoples. So there have to be a function for yourself, and one for other... In this case...
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:15 am

I don't know with who I should agree anymore... But then it should be 2 mini guns. Because you can't shoot bullets from the same gun where foam out goes.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:19 am

Maks wrote:I don't know with who I should agree anymore... But then it should be 2 mini guns. Because you can't shoot bullets from the same gun where foam out goes.

If you got a gun on the gun -so one barrel for foam, and on that barrel, there is a barrel for bullets, not from the same barrel-

R-E-A-D :roll:
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:29 am

I did R-E-A-D but you can't shoot from the same gun. I understand you will have 2 ammo barrels but you need a 2nd gun.
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:33 am

Maks wrote:I did R-E-A-D but you can't shoot from the same gun. I understand you will have 2 ammo barrels but you need a 2nd gun.

Why cant you shoot from the same gun ? :?
ShabbyBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Proposed Weapons