Laser Sensor

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Laser Sensor

Postby Krylzay » Fri May 23, 2008 10:08 pm

I just thought of this and its not my best idea but I think it would be a good way to get more people into special weapons because of its low credit.

I am thinking about a 2 or 3 ammo deployable sensor that you could drop in hallways or doorways that would alert you if someone passed it. Since every good map has more than one way to get into almost every room this wouldn't be a tool for ultimate camping. On top of that you wouldn't know if it was an ally or not that passed the sensor.

I was thinking roughly 3 credits if the sensor continuously told you when people passed an closer to 1 if it only told you for a certain amount of time or passes.

Pros: Good way to know if someone went into get the hostages. Low cost credits.
Cons: Not extremely useful and may or may not be possible with Counter Strike.

Sorry for the undescriptive post, I'm tired and I didn't put much thought into it.
Krylzay

Re: Laser Sensor

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Interesting idea. Might even be able to get away with using the half-life trip mine as the model for the detector.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Sat May 24, 2008 8:14 am

Is the laser visible? If so, wouldn't it be easy just to jump over it?
It might be cool if you would throw a smoke grenade in it to block its sensors.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Krylzay » Sat May 24, 2008 9:18 am

Maks wrote:Is the laser visible? If so, wouldn't it be easy just to jump over it?

We could try to make it visible only with Night vision goggles. As far as smoke goes, if it has to do with weight, like when someone steps on it it goes off smoke would do nothing. If it had to do with a laser connecting two sensors than smoke would cause it to alert the player someone passed.
Krylzay

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat May 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Night vision interesting, good counter. Maybe have a laser that scans, so it could cover a room or an area. Like a bomb site.

Now it does not have to be active detection, ex: scanning laser. It could be passive like motion detectors used in burglar alarm. That said having a laser does make a nice counter that night vision goggles could see it.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Krylzay » Sat May 24, 2008 6:07 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Night vision interesting, good counter. Maybe have a laser that scans, so it could cover a room or an area. Like a bomb site.

Now it does not have to be active detection, ex: scanning laser. It could be passive like motion detectors used in burglar alarm. That said having a laser does make a nice counter that night vision goggles could see it.

Yeah, I was thinking more of a passive laser like a burglar alarm. Another counter would be it is set off by smoke.
Krylzay

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue May 27, 2008 6:37 am

Krylzay wrote:
Maks wrote:Is the laser visible? If so, wouldn't it be easy just to jump over it?

We could try to make it visible only with Night vision goggles. As far as smoke goes, if it has to do with weight, like when someone steps on it it goes off smoke would do nothing. If it had to do with a laser connecting two sensors than smoke would cause it to alert the player someone passed.

smoke wouldnt cause it to allert the player someone passed it would just make the laser visible
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby Krylzay » Tue May 27, 2008 4:27 pm

terrorizorpwns wrote:
Krylzay wrote:

smoke wouldnt cause it to allert the player someone passed it would just make the laser visible

I suppose it would depend on how wide the laser was. Smoke not setting it off and instead making it visable would most likely better for the server anyway.
Krylzay

Postby zippy01 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:48 pm

could the lazer transmitter be destroyed with a gun? and what slot would the weapon take up or would you have to bind it?
zippy01_rules@hotmail.com
stand still so i can shoot you
NOOK
zippy01

Return to Proposed Weapons