Survival Kit

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Survival Kit

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:59 pm

A kit that would include tools that would help you get along a little easier.

Included: Sunglasses (reduces or eliminates the effect of flash nades), Oil (use on a door to make it open soundlessly, for example the back door in cs_assault) and Soundless Hook (this one I'm not sure about, it might make the hook too unbalanced). Feel free to suggest some others additions, I'm outta ideas.

Cost: 5 credits
Benefits: Able to sneak easily, or defend an area without worrying about flashes.

Downsides: Oil takes place of knife, sunglasses darken your screen (so don't use it on dark maps! :D)
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby slow man » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:00 pm

Sounds like more of a ninja kit to me, but anyway if possible it sounds cool. I think it would work better if it was more passive, I dont know how you would apply oil to doors from far away because it u get close the doors open. I do like the idea of the sunglasses them making it darker, but it would be better if they can be put on and taken off, like night vision, maybe binding it to a key if possible.

I like the idea, it might be better if each item was individualy bought, possibly 1 credit for each, maybe more expensive for the soundless hook or scrap that all together.
The s l o w m a n is Here...
slow man

Postby Kane » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:38 am

Yeah its a good idea, but fluffy doesnt like making it too difficult so making it need to be binded to a key is out of the question. If fluffy decides to make this maybe he can set it up so that it works as your use button. My example for that is how some servers use parachute.
Kane

Postby lnx[art] » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:26 pm

Maybe left click is use oil, right click is sunglasses on/off?

Hmmm... maybe you don't have to get too close, maybe like 2 or 3 ft.?
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby terrorizorpwns » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:38 pm

if left click is oil than how would you shoot?
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby Maks » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:50 am

If you buy that kit and you get oil to open the doors quietly, the best option is not to really have to put oil on the doors but automatically open the doors quit. BUT if I'm correct, the command of opening doors sound is server related meaning that it will probarly not be easy to make it possible for one client to be able to open doors quietly.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby slow man » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:06 pm

with the wold server side and doors opening quietly, wouldnt haveing the sounds come server side be a good thing? I mean it dosnt matter if its quiet or not for the one with the oil, it matters that the other players dont hear it, making it a server side issue. i dont really know how these things work....
slow man

Postby Maks » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:44 pm

That too!
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby lnx[art] » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:34 pm

no, it's best that you have to oil it, therefore fluff could do something like this (WARNING psuedoCode):
Code: Select all
if (doorHasBeenOiled) {
   Door.Sound == null;
}
else {
   Door.Sound == "creak.mp3"
}

Instead of checking whether the player has oil, which i imagine would be harder.
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby slow man » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:49 pm

the problem is how to oil a door, becuase when i play on close quarter maps with doors sometimes doors open that i dont enven want to open or are trying not to open. the only pluss with oiling doors individualy is you can make it an individual weapon and then have an ammo amount.
slow man

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:39 pm

heres another idea for the oil can mabee once a door is oiled it stays oiled and everyone who goes thru it wouldnt make sound this mite make it easier to make it work

terrorizorpwns

Postby lnx[art] » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:58 pm

thats kinda the general idea >>

Also, how bout included in the Survival kit is the sensors that allow you to hear and see the dews (from the blast & flame armor). That would be good :D
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby terrorizorpwns » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:53 pm

ya the dew sencor would be nice and what i meant was it would be oiled for everyone not jsut the person with the kit

terrorizorpwns

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 pm

again, thats the general idea.. >>
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Return to Proposed Weapons