Seasonal Items

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Seasonal Items

Postby DeadlyV » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:02 pm

I think there should be seasonal items, like easter bunny mines or grenades, 4th of july fireworks, or monster skins for halloween. It would be fun for like a month around the little holiday to have something fun to buy, or on that day given for free =)

Just an idea.
DeadlyV

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:21 am

Not a bad idea. The catch is finding the models to do it with.

On a side note, the special weapon armors came into existence because one year I was experimenting with turning players into Santa Clause. I just though it would be funny to watch a bunch of Santa's in a fire fight. As it turns out player models are so huge (in Kbytes) it was not practical. So I made it into a special weapon as armor.

Hmmm, Maybe a blast armor Santa. :twisted: HOO HOO HOO BOOOM =D>
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby lnx[art] » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:34 pm

LOL

this mught offend some devoutly religous players(or devoutly non-religous) who may see santa as a religous figure not to be shot at :P

maybe on the fourth of july free flare guns >:)
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby Blaze » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:34 pm

haha lnx i too think flare gun would suit 4th of july xD ----- well on with the topic , are you talking about the time on winter ( my first time on the server) that special weapons were half price and ammo were free? well im not sure if there will be like .. uh... umm... easter mines or grenade on Easter day and halloween .. im not sure, correct me if im wrong about anything . (except this comment , WHAT ABOUT FLARE AND RPG!! :P [drunk]
BEHOLD MY SIG. O=<!
Im Over Here , No not there , HERE!
Blaze

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:01 pm

Yes Blaze, The last two weeks of the year special weapons are half priced and ammo is free. That would of been the time of the fighting santa clauses.

By the way Inx, Santa is not a religious figure. For Christians Jesus is the religious figure of Christmas. Santa may be killed freely.

I do not see free special weapons happening for any Holiday. That is all people would use and the server would not be a fun place.

That said, a weapon could be modified for the fourth of July. Like any time a rocket explodes it explodes as a firework.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby slow man » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:09 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Santa may be killed freely.

hahaha that made me laugh, but I do understand the logic
The s l o w m a n is Here...
slow man

Postby zenix_m$ubn » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:11 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Yes Blaze, The last two weeks of the year special weapons are half priced and ammo is free. That would of been the time of the fighting santa clauses.

By the way Inx, Santa is not a religious figure. For Christians Jesus is the religious figure of Christmas. Santa may be killed freely.

I do not see free special weapons happening for any Holiday. That is all people would use and the server would not be a fun place.

That said, a weapon could be modified for the fourth of July. Like any time a rocket explodes it explodes as a firework.

(note: it's an "L" not an "I")...
Anyways, maybe a special mod that runs on the server? 1 person is randomly choosen at that time's mascot (Easter Bunny, Jack-o-latern, Santa, etc) and whoever kills that "unlucky" person gains .1 more credits at that moment? Or something else rewarding, my original amount was .5 or 1 but then, thats like 1(/2) hours of play in a few shots and Crow would always get the creds and n00bs like me wouldn't :( :P :lol:
Maybe not "free" weapons but again, a random person gets a random chance to get a modded m3 (or another gun) that instead of flares shots snowballs, fireworks, candy (yay), eggs or some other holiday item. Non lethal, just for the heck of it :wink: Unlimited ammo.
Maybe both and we could have a chance of seeing an Uncle Sam kill a terrioist with a shotgun :twisted: :lol: [drunk]
zenix_m$ubn

Postby Blaze » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:34 pm

hey just reading zenix comment i got a idea , maybe we can just disguise the weapon ? like the dews desguise as Easter egg , armor for halloween become like a grimreaper? christmas is SANTA armor( DUH ) it'll be funny if the armor dress up as santa and when getting shot it say HOo HOo HOo 8) :lol: ( but it might take awhile to find the models right? )
BEHOLD MY SIG. O=<!
Blaze

Postby DeadlyV » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Colored flares from the flare guns. White is just too... boring. Make it colorful =)
DeadlyV

Postby Imaninja » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Great Idea, that would be lots of fun. And I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find some skins at http://www.fpsbanana.com/ . The mascot idea might be pretty sweet, cause I'm sure no1 would mind a quick opportunity to get some extra credits.

Santa may be killed freely.

Haha what about the kid safe environment? Some children might get really sad to see santa dying everywhere, could mess em up alot. hehe. :twisted:
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

-Jim Elliot
Imaninja

Postby lnx[art] » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:48 am

lol if kids can see the amount of blood on counter strike i don't think seeing santa die is going to make them wacky....

btw winter time half price 0.o

how come i didnt hear about this... :(

i mean 6 cred drunks with free ammo.... :)

EDIT to avoid double post: i found some santa skins)

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/7357
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/17850
lnx[art]

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:09 am

Odd, how most suggestions by zenix involve some form of free credits. Is there a pattern here??

A lot of people are posting some good suggestions here. Since the 4th is coming up post your ideas about the 4th including any models you have found.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby lnx[art] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:51 am

how bout you give eeryone this spray on the 4th?

http://www.fpsbanana.com/sprays/10815

u could replace ther knife with this:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/5924

and then you could beat someone with a flag :P or left click to plant in ground and be like "look at my flag dudes! USA! USA! USA!"

lol.
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby Blaze » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:44 am

hahaha flags... :lol: well....maybe we can change the ct's to american and t's to iraq? just a idea :oops:
BEHOLD MY SIG. O=<!
Blaze

Postby lnx[art] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:15 pm

hmm... not a specific nation for ts (could be offensive to a person from iraq who likes america) perhaps a us flag with an x on it? like (\)?

EDIT: Also, how about "I see dead people" on halloween?

Explanation: When a dead person enters free look mode, you can see him/her moving around the world if your alive. you couldlike find a ghost model for it, or just use a slightly transparemt player model..

It would be funny :lol:
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Next

Return to Proposed Weapons