Electro Optical System

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Electro Optical System

Postby lnx[art] » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:14 pm

Well I was watching Future Weapons (that show is great for special weapon ideas :P) and They showed a bit about the system that the armed forces will be implementing soon that creates a linked network of all the information gathering hardware that is at their disposal to guve the soldiers of the future the all knowing perspactive. Any ways they featured a camera that doesn't seem so special but can be easily hidden and automaticly takes a picture of anything it sees moving (Around, behind, to the left, etc.).

I was thinking the player could get maybe 2-4 of these cameras to plant aaround the place and hit right click to watch from the cameras view.

Ex:
When player is planting:
|++++ _____++++++|
|++++|\\\\\\\|++++++|
|++++|\\( )\\|++++++|
|++++|_____|++++++|
|+++++++++++++++|
|___________________|

When player hits right click:
|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|\\\\\\\\\\\\|
|-------------|-------------|
|\\\\\\\\\\\\\|\\\\\\\\\\\\\|
|\\\VIEW\\\\|\\\\\VIEW\\|
|_________ |_________|

Please ignore +s and \s, as you may or may not know, this forum does not allow double spacing :)
Anyways it would move to follow detected motion, and you could use this to give recon for your team, alerting thim to infilatration of a building (useful in cs maps for ts, and de maps for cts). They could have a battery life,(perhaps not) that would be like a minute or maybe half the time a round lasts. These would be non-lethal but they would be worth it to easily decide where to go and when if you are trying to avoid firefights or want to go right in to one. Down falls might be smoke disorts motion sensing and the possible battery life. Also it would replace knife.
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby Blaze » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Isnt this just like the dews? i should mention the dew is similiar to every way of this weapon but it cant view stuff like the camera at cs_assault. you just need to plant dews places you KNOW where the enemies are going like bombsites ---------- what are the disadvantage and how many credits does it cost? :shock:
BEHOLD MY SIG. O=<!
Im Over Here , No not there , HERE!
Blaze

Re: Electro Optical System

Postby lnx[art] » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:17 pm

lnx[art] wrote:Down falls might be smoke disorts motion sensing and the possible battery life. Also it would replace knife.

Credit cost might be 3 credits, perhaps less/more?

Non explosive,so NOT like dews. Perhaps advantages might be similar, but they wouldn't kill, just watch. The killing is up to the player and his gun.

Possible uses: Place in front of doors in cs_assault, wait and check periodically. When u see doors opened, then rush in and kill :P .
lnx[art]

Postby Maks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:02 pm

But a new weapon has to has it's unique advantages and disadvantages. If it would only have advantages it wouldn't be a fair game. But the advantage you are describing is similar to the dew nades except they don't explode.
Last edited by Maks on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby lnx[art] » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:17 am

hmm.. you have a point. Hwever, i think this wpuld still be a good concept as a cheaper alternative for dews maybe? Less functionality, same advantage.... Do you know what I mean?
lnx[art]

Postby Maks » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:35 am

I do, but that doesn't make it good enough for a new weapon, in my opinion though.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby zenix_m$ubn » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:28 pm

Possible limitation - Only allowed 1, therefore alot easier to implement (Fluffy! :) ). Maybe cost 4 credits?

I really do hope for some of these "non lethal" weapons to be accepted, it would add another strategy to CS which I feel is sorely missed (recon is the biggest thing - you just have to run into a room and hope no one else is already there and then camp...not cool at all!).
zenix_m$ubn

Postby lnx[art] » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:10 am

He just mentioned another use for these i forgot: Entering a room. You could perhaps throw one into a room and look around before entering(harder to do but even better: Able to pick back up). This would allow an advantage no matter what team you are on and again: recon.
lnx[art]

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:31 am

Yeah, and if someone is in that room, they will see you throw the camera in, rush out and kill you while you are disabled looking at the image.

At any rate isn't the blimp basically a remote camera that can be placed anywhere?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby lnx[art] » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:25 pm

hmmm.. fluffy always uses more logic than me.. Guess thats why hes admin :P

EDIT: Although the blimp is bigger and almost impossible to fit in small places....
lnx[art]

Postby zenix_m$ubn » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:49 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Yeah, and if someone is in that room, they will see you throw the camera in, rush out and kill you while you are disabled looking at the image.

At any rate isn't the blimp basically a remote camera that can be placed anywhere?

Well then, that person using the camera gets screwed then (ohh bad language!) and then they learn to throw it correctly and discreetly. I would love to see these and some other "weaker" weapons used. Dew nades provide protection, this camera provides information. Maybe used in unison, the ultimate killing machine? Fun.... :twisted:
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Odd, how most suggestions by zenix involve some form of free credits. Is there a pattern here?
In your case I will make an exception. If you play the server for one hour, I will give you a credit. I guarantee it.
:lol:
zenix_m$ubn

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 pm

For a special weapon to be made it has to provide a feature that does not already exist. The blimp is a remote camera. The dew is perimeter protection.

Well then, that person using the camera gets screwed then (ohh bad language!) and then they learn to throw it correctly and discreetly.
It not an issue of HOW you use the weapon. The issue is the weapon is basically flawed. If you are close enough to toss a camera you are close enough to be shot. When the camera hits something (ground, wall, etc) it would make a noise. The enemy would hear the noise, know it is a camera, and rush out and kill the user since, when you view the camera you can't defend your self.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Proposed Weapons