Armor Piercing Bullets

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Armor Piercing Bullets

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Ever had a player buy blast armor, causing a huge lead for that players team? Even though the armor has several counter measures, i.e. slowing down and high cost, it still causes the player to have high health and other bonuses that seem to outwiegh the negative.

I porpose armor piercing bullets. These do exist in real life, used to take out tank drivers and others, so it is realistic. These could be fired from a weaker gun such as the m5 to counter-balance advantages. I guess they count as a gun, perhaps an improved m5?

--Advantages--
-Double(triple?) normal damage on Blast Armor
-Shoots through vehicle walls

--Disadvantages--
-normal damage on normal people
-fired from m5
-replaces primary weapon

I can't think of more negatives, but I'm sure there should be more.

Comments/Suggestions? :D
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:33 am

The flare gun uses armor piercing rounds that do a lot of damage to blast armor, and normal players. Since an armor piercing round would be more deadly against all armor. Even the std Kevlar in CS. From the web site: http://dms.deadm.com/special-weapons/flare-gun.html
The m3 portion uses specially designed teflon coated rounds that do more damage and have grater range than a standard shotgun.
The round is based off Rino Armor piercing rounds. Also the flame thrower and RPG do a lot of damage to blast armor.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Proposed Weapons