Personal Gravity Control Device

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Personal Gravity Control Device

Postby Bryvayne » Wed May 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Okay this could appeal strategically and also for the potential complainer. A device that, when activated, wields a normal gravity level for the user, or no gravity at all. With only limited usage (either a battery pack OR use the person's Armor points as a battery, to make it more balanced) It could add new strategy, allowing quicker access to the ground after a poor jump, or extending the jump by decreasing gravity further. The balancing for such a device depends on the user of the device. Given it's limited capabilities, only someone really knowing how to operate it could truly benefit from it's purpose.

Any ideas?
Bryvayne

Postby Maks » Wed May 17, 2006 4:10 pm

Sounds a bit complicated to me since there are ALOT of different gravity settings (-99999999999999 till 99999999999999). But if there would be standards like the normal 800 gravity and the 90 gravity used on deadm (if i'm correct) it could be beneficial in some ways. But what buttons would be used to controle this device. It'll probarly have to be normal binded buttons or else you get the problem with noobs asking: "How do I bind it" blabla.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Violated » Wed May 17, 2006 4:34 pm

I don't really see a purpose in this, being able to reach the ground or reach a higher place is what the hook is for.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Thu May 18, 2006 10:16 am

Well with normal gravity for instance you can play the map like it is supposed to and won't need the hook which makes you more quiet and gives you a little advantage. Hmm, actually that's the only advantage I can really think off at the moment :P
Maks

Postby Bryvayne » Thu May 18, 2006 2:25 pm

Well Maks seems to have the idea for advantages. Plus imagine this scenario - Approach an enemy....he jumps.....instant thought is "free kill!" considering you're a sitting duck in the sky. All of a sudden he lands right back onto the ground, and kills you. One such case....could be helpful, no?
Bryvayne

Postby Violated » Thu May 18, 2006 9:39 pm

I know of the advantages but it seems pointless, first off this doesn't follow the theme of realism ( excluding being able to jump 80 feet in the air and shooting a laser hook from your pelvis ) you would have to strap on a c02 thruster pack to be able to change directions like that in mid air which doesn't seem practical in real life. How would it be controlled ( a bound button is to much in my opinion since some people have trouble figuring out the hook ) so not exactly the most user friendly option. Using a weapon slot would complicate things further by having to switch to it drop down and get your weapon out just so you can attempt to kill someone .5 seconds quicker. I do believe there has been talk about a user controlled option for gravity not sure what happened to it, prob lost among the other suggestions. Also say you jump over a ledge and use the gravity function you could gain to much velocity and hurt or kill yourself from the fall = makes noise and then not so stealthy anymore which could be a disadvantage to this but then you could of just jumped in the air and slowly fall down and get behind them or whatever the situation calls for.

Do to what was said above i don't think it would bring to much of an advantage, at most the best thing to do along the lines of changing gravity is buy the weapon which would change your gravity to normal and to get rid of it just sell_weapon, no bound buttons or weapon slots to worry about. <-- wouldn't complicate things to much.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Fri May 19, 2006 6:28 am

Well that does simplify it.. maybe it should make you somewhat heavier then?
Maks

Return to Proposed Weapons