Seismic Transmitter

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Seismic Transmitter

Postby Bryvayne » Wed May 17, 2006 2:39 pm

Think of an object you throw to the ground, that causes a seismic blast, and by that I mean an earthquake.

How it works, You could lay a transmitter on the ground (perhaps only getting so many a round) and when activated, any enemy walking in close distance get's a shakey screen for 5 seconds, causing aiming to be almost impossible (think of how your screen gets after someone close by going kamikaze) giving an easy kill to anyone who's using it.

Drawbacks - Simply jumping could negate the effects of an activated transmitter, since only the initial activation can affect an enemy. Jumping then immediately landing would safeguard the target.
#2 Person using transmitter could also possibly be permitted not to move for the 5 seconds that the enemy's aim is messed up, this punishes poor use of the weapon, wielding an easy target for n00b weapon users, this may possibly unbalance the weapon and make it no fun, but being overpowered is worse, any thoughts?
Bryvayne

Postby Maks » Wed May 17, 2006 4:12 pm

I also have a screen moving like that when I fall down from very high, won't die, but do have that. It's pretty funny, but a disadvantage, and doesn't last that long. It sounds awesome to me but can't really think of something to add. But the blast armore (because your heavier) could protect you against the seismic wave.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:43 pm

how would this be caused in reality though? I am prety sure theres no such thing as a device that could cause that much shaking portably.

Would be fun and useful, but unrealistic.
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby [VA] 8 Ball » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:42 pm

Isnt that like a non-leathal dew grenade?
[VA] 8 Ball

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:32 am

no..

hmm.. maybe.
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Return to Proposed Weapons