Vehicles! XD

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vehicles, yes? No?

Could be fun!
78%
Horrendous idea!
22%

Total votes : 9

Vehicles! XD

Postby Bryvayne » Thu May 11, 2006 2:37 pm

Okay here's something wild. Credits that can purchase vehicles. Think of a map that's a decent size but has no vehicles to offer. The likes of dust come to mind, and others I'm sure you can imagine. The advantage of a vehicle would be quicker transportation and possibly protection. Imagine playing AS_Crazytank and spawning an APC for you and your team, adds a new aspect, no? Perhaps there can be designated spawn points for vehicles and only so many can be spawned per map if more than one person chooses to do so. Like in GIjoe_cars or however it's spelt. Spawn a flying vehicle at the top of the map. Some maps would offer a new strategic or surprising element with the use of vehicles or additional vehicles (if map already has them) and even if the map is completely useless with a motorcycle or whatever, the point is to have fun, right? Imagine the chaos that could unfold when you're playing de_rats and some psycho comes flying off the cupboard on a motorcycle....I think it could get interesting. You could balance the use of vehicles with a high credit cost, or perhaps a low credit cost with a certain time/round usage before it goes byebye, or you could perhaps give them a certain HP before blowing up and killing it's occupants. Any input?
Bryvayne

Postby bradwin » Thu May 11, 2006 8:50 pm

thrers 1 problem just from th beggining...
these are sopposed to be "special weapons" not "special anything", the whole concept of a weapon is to use it to kill other people with a little advantage. if there was cars than whats the point of even calling it a special weapon? and if it was a car than there would be no point because you could just drive over to the other players spawn and run them over in like 3 seconds, which would be the chepest thing there is, and i believe that fluffy, violated, cds, and git-me will agree with me on this

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu May 11, 2006 9:46 pm

You do get a few points for originallity. I would think a normal vehicle would not play well in a lot of maps. Maps with stairs, doors, and steep inclines, like de_dust, as_oilrig, and de_dust2 would give vehicles a fit.

Maybe think about adjusting it to a motorized skateboard you can pick up and carry. Maybe even add a bomb to it, so you could set it down and let it drive itself toward the enemy.

Most of all I would think of way this could benefit a player strategically. (Rather than being only a fun thing for the player).
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Bryvayne » Fri May 12, 2006 12:47 pm

Well maps like gijoe_carz or however it's spelt could give a new airborne aspect if you spawn say, a helicopter. As for maps with vehicles already (like airfight) you could spawn an additional vehicle(maybe even with a weapon attached?) which comes in handy when people rush the copters and fly off without their teammates. A mobile board sounds like an awesome idea, make it like the ones found in Ka_Kaboum, but remove the top part so it's just a flat board. I think the added mobility and speed would make maps like crazytank(or anything crazytank oriented) much more chaotic, and add a new sense of surprise. (a vip zipping by on an airboard?!?!?) Plus maps with water could spawn a water vehicle, and mind you we could make these vehicles more interesting by adding weapons, or maybe even camera's so you can spectate the enemy (ala Assault) and give new strategic elements. Just some random sparks....I'll probably have more later, any input?
Bryvayne

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 12, 2006 12:54 pm

air board? Weapons have to be based in reallity.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Bryvayne » Fri May 12, 2006 12:56 pm

Ok I said airboard a bit too quickly, Motorized skateboard would be most appropriate.
Bryvayne

Postby everyday » Fri May 12, 2006 3:30 pm

air board could be possible if you install a jet engine into it(probably too impractial because the engine is too big =/)
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

OH NOES ITS <insert Dms admin here>, *runs*
everyday

Postby Maks » Sat May 13, 2006 7:16 am

I thought this idea was impossible. Because vehicles that are already in maps are made with the map and not aside of it. But since it is possible, can't wait to see it for real. :D
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Bryvayne » Wed May 17, 2006 3:06 pm

Anybody else for input?
Bryvayne

Postby Maks » Wed May 17, 2006 4:03 pm

Well could it be possible to ride the vehicle/skateboard whatever it would be with 2 or more people? Or just alone.
Maks

Postby Bryvayne » Thu May 18, 2006 3:50 pm

Riding it alone would be the utmost advantage, why spend credits for someone else to reap the benefits?
Bryvayne

Postby Maks » Thu May 18, 2006 4:40 pm

Well, any other gun helps protect/win your team. But that's not really what I meant of it. It could be usefull to let someone else on it so you could rush to the other base and be with more then just yourself and kill the other team.
Maks

Return to Proposed Weapons