laser guided precision bombs

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

laser guided precision bombs

Postby everyday » Wed May 03, 2006 6:53 pm

you can actually find it on an aircraft using this a lot, basically its a bomb guided by an laser so it can have percision while preventing civilian losses.

in here the bomb will be guided with ur crosshair. you will have a remote that calls the strike. once you call the bomb, it will take about 5 second to hit the place where your cross is aimed at, in that 5 second period you can still move the cross to adjust the location of targets.

advantages: since its a bomb, it has a big blast radius, most useful in very open maps where there are few places to hide.

side effects: the blast can push players in such speed as falling down from great heights, killing them in the process(teams too), dont work inside buildings since its a remote, the signal is blocked.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

OH NOES ITS <insert Dms admin here>, *runs*
everyday

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu May 04, 2006 10:28 pm

I had been toying with this concept off and on for a year or two. Including having a plane above that would orbit and notify you if it had a fire solution or not on the laser designator.

The problem is I do not think the weapon would be balanced on certain maps. In cs_assault all the CT's would have to do is bomb the warehouse at round start and they would win.

Though this is very realistic in that it matches what has happened in Afganistan it would not be a very fair weapon in CS.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby everyday » Fri May 05, 2006 2:25 pm

disable this weapon for small or medium map and reserve that for big open maps could be a solution for the bomb spamming.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

OH NOES ITS <insert Dms admin here>, *runs*
everyday

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 05, 2006 2:29 pm

But then you have weapons that can only work on some maps, that is really not an option.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Fri May 05, 2006 6:15 pm

Perhaps if you made it about the explosion force of a kamik and allow enemies to shoot it down (causing the explosion). Even in maps like assult, the kamiks do not have enough power to kill everyone and often gets you no kills. Maybe if you also set a limit on the amount of bombs you are allowed to shoot per round (say 3?).
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 05, 2006 7:51 pm

Well you can't even see a falling bomb for the most part. It is too small and moving too fast. By the time you see it you are dead.

Even if the explosion was the size of a kamikazi. Multiple kamikazi's per round for each round would be a bit much.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby [VA] 8 Ball » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:47 pm

So only one bomb you drop? Or is is like a drunk missle falling down from the sky? :?
[VA] 8 Ball

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Laser guided bombs are normally dropped one at a time, so the weapon would do the same. The issue is a 3,000 lbs bomb does enormous damage and would be an unbalanced weapon.

I just happened to think the bomb could be changed to a laser guided cluster bomb. That released many tinny bomb-lets that were not armor piercing. That way people hiding in buildings would be more or less safe, and collateral damage would be minimal.

Hmm, but laser guided requires line of sight, which prob makes the weapon unusable, since you would have to be staring at the enemy.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby slow man » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:40 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Hmm, but laser guided requires line of sight, which prob makes the weapon unusable, since you would have to be staring at the enemy.

that would be cool, without any lazer dohiggy
The s l o w m a n is Here...
slow man

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:58 pm

Well, no matter what you need something to designate the target. That is what the laser does, even if you went GPS you still need line of sight to get the target coordinates.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:31 am

How bout a cluster drunk? like you pay 4 extra creds and buy special drunks that break into smaller drunks :P (with a smaller explosive radius)

It would come with less ammo cause its like 5 drunks in one.
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:22 pm

The drunk already does a form of that, you can fire up to four drunks before reloading.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Proposed Weapons