Thermal Vision Goggles

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thermal Vision Goggles

Postby slow man » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:25 pm

These goggles would work like night vision except you could see heat signatures through walls and crates and things like that. There should be a certin range on how far they can see a heat signature and the distant should show up as a darker color (red close/hot, blue far/cold) and depending on the thinkness of the wall is how good the signature is. these would eliminate things like when walking into the ct spawn on de_rats_2001 and a camper above the enterance kills you. Also on a map like gas_station you would be able to see where people are in the grass....is that map even on the server?

Stats:
Cost: 4 credits
Range: 15-20ft (dont know exactly but thats a guess of what could be good)
Ammo/Battery Life: 500sec

Positives: lets you see campers before they see you, lets you hid behind walls and still know where enemies are

Negitives: Friends and Foe look the same, Flame armor will make you not have a heat signature

Please post about the stats because i dont realy know would be good.
The s l o w m a n is Here...
slow man

Postby Maks » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:43 pm

Well, it sounds like somekind of cheat to me..although, it has his disadvantages.. like a flame armor. But of course.. don't forget HE grenades, Flash bangs and flare gun. All of those also submit some kind of light/heat. With that it can also be misleaded. It exually has some good points.. battery life is like 8.3 minutes (wow i can count :D) that's atleast not an whole map and there should of course be some kind of on/off switch.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby slow man » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:51 pm

maybe that time limit is a little to much and also im wondering if it is possible for fluffy to make it so you see the actual shape of a person or just like a blob that indicats a person is there, if it is just a blob then all the things you listed could be easy to mistake for a person but if and actual shape can be defined then they would just be interferience
slow man

Postby Violated » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:13 pm

i am thinking that this may conflict with Vac, although i am no coder and cant be sure.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:15 pm

Hmm.. well, shouldn't that be from client side instead of server side?
Maks

Postby Violated » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:34 pm

well if i am correct Vac might consider the seing through walls as a cheat, but i am not sure.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby slow man » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:01 pm

but vac wouldnt know your looking through walls im pritty sure vac is looking for other things running on your computer and not your actual movements but not sure
slow man

Postby everyday » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:04 pm

you mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkecHSGTy7M&search=counter-strike

looks cool through lol
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

OH NOES ITS <insert Dms admin here>, *runs*
everyday

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:28 pm

Yea, that would be an interesting idea, and maybe have it countered by flares. So when you shoot a flare, it messes everything up because the goggles are so focused on the flare. The only problem is what Vio was talking about, I'm so so sure how cheat detectors would tell this apart from hacks.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby Maks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:21 am

what dragon said, it's on server side so VAC won't have a problem with it.. (I think)
Maks

Postby everyday » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:34 pm

VAC affects on individuals(players) who hacks, so if the server(or mod) use this spec weapon(or spec feature that the server is adjusted to) it probably won't have problems, unless that VAC pick that up on servers instead of players.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

OH NOES ITS <insert Dms admin here>, *runs*
everyday

Postby slow man » Fri May 05, 2006 3:24 pm

bumped for the fluffinator
slow man

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 05, 2006 4:45 pm

I would love to do some form of infra-red night vision goggles. I looked into it a few years back. The problem is for it to work well it has to be client side. That would mean people would have to install software to use the goggles. Also VAC views any mods to the client side as potential cheats.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 05, 2006 11:07 pm

I should mention this is basically the same idea as: http://www.deadm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=258
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Next

Return to Proposed Weapons