Jetpack?

This is the work area for special weapons. Anyone may post ideas about special weapons here. Constructive feed back to all topics is also welcome.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jetpack?

Postby CDS-101 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:34 pm

I was wondering if there is a possibility the Jetpack could be incorporated into the DMS mod?
At a cost of about 2-5 credits you would simply start every round, during the course of a map, with the Jetpack.
Enabling you to move around faster, jump away from incoming missiles, hurry to bombdefusals etc.

Im not sure about disadvantages, if there are no obvious ones the price could be set higher, you could start every round with say 75 hp or maybe the number of jumps could be limited.
Goku reeled in horror. Hitler continued laughing, then finally said "Goku! You came here expecting to find a madman, but instead, you found A GOD!" Hitler had become a Super Saiyan.
CDS-101

Postby Maks » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:59 am

Several shots to the jetpack, and your gone? 8)
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:42 pm

The disadvantages could come from the jet pack. Real world jet packs only last for a few seconds and are VERY VERY VERY heavy.

So you would have say:
- 30 seconds (or less) of fuel.
- Walk/Run at 30% (or less) of your max run speed. (The jet pack speed would be several times more than normal max run speed).
- Could take bullet damage and stop working (or blow up as Maks says).
- Hands would be occupied by the controls so you could not shoot and fly.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:47 pm

Don't you need like a complete suit for a jetpack so you won't be burned by the flames of the exhaust? So in addition you would have to buy a flame armor to not get hurt (won't get killed for it otherwise it totally has no purpose but suicide)
Maks

Postby Violated » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:25 am

If im correct the "Rocket Belt" uses peroxide as its fuel source which no combustion takes place just the expulsion of pressurized peroxide and they wore a fiberglass corset for safety.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:34 am

The only problem is that this doesn't really seem to be worth the credits... Walking super slow aside from 30 seconds, not being able to shoot while flying... I think you need to make this more worth the credits, meaning more advantages. Maybe have the option to shoot rockets with flying or something?
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby Maks » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:15 am

Then it would be almost as an human blimp.
Maks

Postby CDS-101 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:49 am

I wouldnt want it if i couldnt shoot while flying, that is the real joy of the jetpacks you can pick up in some maps, like csde_dust, the ability to swoop out of nowhere and start spraying or landing rockets from the RPG.
It could slow you down when you are not using it, it could stop you from buying grenades, it could explode if shot at properly (RL Physics aside).
Its not that important really, just an idea, i thought it could be easily implemented since the jetpack is already in the game, if its too much trouble just disregard it.
Goku reeled in horror. Hitler continued laughing, then finally said "Goku! You came here expecting to find a madman, but instead, you found A GOD!" Hitler had become a Super Saiyan.
CDS-101

Return to Proposed Weapons