Few more issues

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Few more issues

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:35 pm

Ok, first of all, Mothers Tank. I noticed that it recently changed, probably fluffy altering it, so that people can't skywalk. Thats all good the only problem is that me and some other cts were noticing possible glitches. The Ts obviously would go on top of the roof every round and cover the front and cave enterances. I went under the pipes and snuck up behind them. They did not see me and i unloaded 2 full clips at one of thier heads from about 5 feet away. He didnt even notice and wasn't hurt at all. Then when he turned around, he would kill me normally. I ended up having to knife them. I thought maybe it was an invisible wall or something, but couldn't find one. I'm not sure what the problem was, but it wasn't just me, but many other cts too. This wasn't a problem before the alteration. So, do you know what was wrong?

The next problem that I've noticed for a while is that the server always seems to crash whenever lots of people (2 or more) have bought special weapons. It might be somehow related to them. The other problem is that it always restarts on Dust. Would you be able to change the starting map to random?
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby The one and only kenshin » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:18 pm

Making excuses just because you don't have any skill :P
The one and only kenshin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:24 pm

They did not see me and i unloaded 2 full clips at one of thier heads from about 5 feet away. He didnt even notice and wasn't hurt at all.
Aim better. I will check the bounds to make sure there are no issues.

The next problem that I've noticed for a while is that the server always seems to crash whenever lots of people (2 or more) have bought special weapons. It might be somehow related to them.
Most likely not since special weapon arena can be run for several maps and not cause issues. In that case every player has a special weapon.

The other problem is that it always restarts on Dust. Would you be able to change the starting map to random?
It is actually intentially coded to return to dust after a reset, it allows easy tracking of server resets.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:10 pm

Ok thanks, but fluffy, there is no way i missed 2 full clips from right next to him :?

Most likely not since special weapon arena can be run for several maps and not cause issues. In that case every player has a special weapon.

I know this, but somehow when too many people acctually buy weapons, it just crashes. Just a trend I have noticed.[/quote]

Postby Apocalypze » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:53 am

Demolition Man wrote:

Ok thanks, but fluffy, there is no way i missed 2 full clips from right next to him :?

Maybe you were having lag issues...? I notice when I play that your ping is in the 140s and 150s...
Apocalypze

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:15 pm

Yes, my ping is always like that cause I'm over here on the west coast and I share my dsl with 2 brothers who also play games.

New information too... I just finished playing it again and I took a demo of the shots not registering. Only problem is that I can't find the demo so I think that it didn't record. But, it was not just me, but also others such as Joka who noticed it. About 4 cts and 2 ts all went up to the roof together for the recording (that I messed up... :? ) and we started unloading clips at eachother. Nothing registered for a while. Joka said something about an anti-skywalk program that you added to the map to prevent skywalking. All I know is that this wasn't an issue before this change.

Also, the same thing occured on Assult 2k. Shots would not register when on top of the house so I assume u used the program to stop sky-walking here too. So maybe can you take off this program till you can get it sorted out? Thanks and sorry bout loosing the demo :(

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:24 pm

I just pulled both those maps off the server. They were more hastle than they were worth.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:00 pm

As long as you don't pull of cs_assault_upc! :shock:
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Joka69 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:10 pm

LoL thats one of them. [drunk]
Joka69

Postby Maks » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:20 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:49 pm

Yea, I liked Assult UPC the best... but all in all, the assult maps are overplayed on this server lol :D

Return to Suggestions For Improvement