Credit Concerns

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Credit Concerns

Postby Venom » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:00 pm

I know that people like your server real much fluffy. But earning credits is a pain in the butt sometimes. So I gathered some friends who played on your server. I asked them, if we could change the number of credit earned in a hour what would it be? Most of us voted for 2 credits per hour. If you can change the credits then all of us would appreciate it.

p.s. your server is nice. keep up the good work.
Venom

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:17 am

Thank you for the suggestion. I am sure the people polled would be even happier if you earned 4 credits an hour, or credits per kill 8). Keep in mind special weapons are intended strickly as a reward for loyal players. Both the rate credits are earned and the price of weapons are set at levels specifically to make them rare on the server. The more powerful the weapon, the higher the price.

The whole concept of credits and special weapons came about to reward a sub-group of players that are loyal to the server and play frequently. I felt it would be nice to give these players an opportunity on occasion to really own on the server. The weapon mod system was then born.

To get some more back ground on the credits you might read:
http://www.deadm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=397
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Anime Otaku » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:48 am

1 credit per kill, HAHAHAHA
I would of had 17,000 credits :shock:
....yes...that would be nice. :D
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Postby shrew.deadm » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:02 am

new motto.

"Deadm. Even if you suck, just suck for a long time and eventually we'll give you a bazooka."
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby Maks » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:34 am

rofl :lol:
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Venom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:04 pm

So lets say one credit per kill is on. Below is a suggestion of credits a weapon cost if 1 credit perkill is on.
flare gun=25
mp5 g.launcher=100
rpg=100=
flame armor=40
blast armor=155
heat seekers=210
dew grenades=120
drunk missiles=260
napalm=100
rc apache(if finished)=500

A few of my friends find these price fair for the special weapons. Although earning by time limit is actually a matter of how many time they have in there spare time to play CS, and noobs will get to play here longer and pros will be able play for a little time. The noobs should be able to catch up to the pros. Pros should do a little killing (of course they will kill more then noobs) and should get alot of credits. Resulting in a fair credit match.
Venom

Postby Dazed & Blazed » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:11 pm

I like the 1 credit per hour thing. If he made it anymore then the server would be full of heat seekers every map and would make the server alot more un-enjoyable. Think about it this way...The time it took you to write both of these posts and stuff you could have been earning credits..I vote stay 1 credit = 1 hour.

ShabbyBoy wrote: Maks thought bs meant Beautifull Shot :D So he said thank you when someone said bs to him :D That was funny, lol
Dazed & Blazed

Postby Venom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:17 pm

The 1 credit per hour takes too long. Some people dont have time to play CS. So earning credits by killing is a better idea. I even created a price for the weapons on my last post. I made them a reasonable price for each of these special and unique weapons. They seemed to be pretty reasonable.
Venom

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:16 pm

Venom wrote:The 1 credit per hour takes too long. Some people dont have time to play CS. So earning credits by killing is a better idea. I even created a price for the weapons on my last post. I made them a reasonable price for each of these special and unique weapons. They seemed to be pretty reasonable.

I think you are missing the point. Fluffy wants it to take a long time to earn enough credits to buy a special weapon. He's explained before, that the special weapons should be rare on the server, and that the point of the credit system is to encourage people to play more, and to reward those that play the most. Since that is his goal, then your objection doesn't make sense. Since he's trying to reward loyal players and not good players, then a time based system makes sense. Since he wants the weapons to remain rarities, then it doesn't make sense to effectivly double the number of special weapons on the server.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby Venom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:55 pm

Ok. But. Whats wrong with my credits. It keeps going back too 1.7 everytime i rejoin the server. I earn like 7.9 more credits and it goes back down too 1.7 . WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY CREDITS!!!!
Venom

Postby Venom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:04 pm

Ok now i get ur credit system. I support that. I still have one more thing im thinking about. Why is it that you use the gag system? There inapropriate word is already blocked and no one knows that the person said anything offensive. Its a pain to not chat in a server. My brother cussed in ur server so many times that he got gagged. That really pissed me off. That I have to withstand the gag punishment. Isnt there another system you can do? A slap to 1 hp if you cuss one time. The second time you get slayed. Then the last time he just gets kicked. And if he keeps doing at it just ban his/her little behind. Then no one will ever know he did anything bad.
Venom

Postby Monkeyboy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:00 am

Venom wrote:Ok now i get ur credit system. I support that. I still have one more thing im thinking about. Why is it that you use the gag system? There inapropriate word is already blocked and no one knows that the person said anything offensive. Its a pain to not chat in a server. My brother cussed in ur server so many times that he got gagged. That really pissed me off. That I have to withstand the gag punishment. Isnt there another system you can do? A slap to 1 hp if you cuss one time. The second time you get slayed. Then the last time he just gets kicked. And if he keeps doing at it just ban his/her little behind. Then no one will ever know he did anything bad.

I'm not sure of fluffy's take on this, and he's really the one that counts here, but here's my take on this. The stated reason for the language filter is to help protect children from hearing or reading offensive language. Slapping to 1 health does nothing to prevent the offensive behavior. It merely punishes the one who is missbehaving. He or she is still able to play, and still able to be offensive. A gag on the otherhand, punishes the person being offensive, and prevents him or her from repeating the offensive behavior while being gagged.

Yes this approach has the drawback of potentially gagging innocent people who share their computer with foul mouthed idiots. I say too bad. Maybe you should be more careful about who you share your computer with. It also has the drawback of banning people who share their computer with someone who is abusive or racist. You know what. I don't really have a problem with that. If you are dumb enough to have that kind of person as a friend, then maybe you deserve to be banned.

Once again, I don't speak for fluffy, but I appreciate not having to listen to some immature idiot try out every new swear word he's just learned on this server, and I'm glad I don't have to listen to some racist spout off a bunch of retarded jibberish when somebody isn't playing a game the way they want it played.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby Violated » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:36 am

Ditto
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:34 am

Very nicely said Monkey, could not of said it better myself. I would just add the gag system is ONLY for those players that ignore the warnings on the server and deliberately attempt to circumvent the language block. If you do not attempt to circumvent the language block, you do not get gagged.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:48 am

Venom wrote:So lets say one credit per kill is on. Below is a suggestion of credits a weapon cost if 1 credit perkill is on.
flare gun=25
mp5 g.launcher=100
rpg=100=
flame armor=40
blast armor=155
heat seekers=210
dew grenades=120
drunk missiles=260
napalm=100
rc apache(if finished)=500

A few of my friends find these price fair for the special weapons. Although earning by time limit is actually a matter of how many time they have in there spare time to play CS, and noobs will get to play here longer and pros will be able play for a little time. The noobs should be able to catch up to the pros. Pros should do a little killing (of course they will kill more then noobs) and should get alot of credits. Resulting in a fair credit match.

lets not make a price of the apache (blimp now) yet, because 2 times the price of a drunken missle is waaaaaay to much... Lets make Fluffy a descision of that
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Next

Return to Suggestions For Improvement