Monthly Update

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Good idea?

Yep
100%
Nope
No votes

Total votes : 6

Monthly Update

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:12 pm

Ok, I had this idea of a monthly update with (mainly) maps. Because theres only a new mappack ones in the 6 months or something like that, it would maybe more fun to have like 2 new maps every first day of the month. Players have to know they need to update every first day of the month, but there will be a messega on the server if you have not the latest update yet.
Maybe to help find new (and espaccially GOOD maps) its a good idea to make a small team who will search the internet for new maps, and of course the maps that are posted in the map request forums will also be added (if they are good enough).

How about it?
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Apocalypze » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:43 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Apocalypze

Postby Maks » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:55 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:Because theres only a new mappack ones in the 6 months...

Hmmz.. if I remember correctly it was 2/3 months. But that's not the point. I think you just came up with another good idea.. And about the 2 maps... not making like in a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge mappack of like 10204325893535737503848034 MB's.. :roll:
But just like a little compressed rar/zip file. At the end.. It would bring again more variaty to the server, I think.

Ughem.. *kuch**kuch*.. Here we go...:
That's just my two cents though.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:17 pm

What if instead of creating new map packs once a month with the next map pack I just won't enable all the maps at once. Once a month I will activate some more maps in the map pack. This should prevent people having to constantly download map packs and give the same effect as a monthly map pack release.

Yes Maks you are correct map packs go out every 2-3 months with about 15 new maps.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:20 pm

That would be also better because people wouldnt sday after a month: "I want some new maps" and they would neither say after a day: "This are too much ma-aaps :o "
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby arch » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:52 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:That would be also better because people wouldnt sday after a month: "I want some new maps" and they would neither say after a day: "This are too much ma-aaps :o "

this are too much maps? lol..there already too many maps :lol:
arch

Return to Suggestions For Improvement