Personal Gravity

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Should each player be able to select their own gravity

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 12

Postby Anime Otaku » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:14 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:I think you guys over estimate any advantages heavy gravity gives people. I would actually say it is a sum zero difference. Hopping in normal gravity does not get you out of the line of file. It actually keeps you in the line of fire. As apposed to low G where you can actually get away.

Not really, the first thing i learned to do in cs is to jump when someone shoots at you, most of the time they hit your legs and feet, then when you land, crouch and shoot for the head.
While if you jump in low gravity you go flying up...making you a prime target since you cant really hit them if you fire back (unless your like me and use the pump shottie)
I really hope you reconsider this gravity thing fluff, but it is your server so im not going to tell you what to do, I'm just giving my view on the matter.
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Postby silverado » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:09 am

Well that is what the hook is for!!! U jump and use the hook u could be back on the ground in no time. U just need to practice jumping and useing the hook as fast as u can. It has saved me many of times. I don't think it will be much of an advantage for anyone. But yes the reason why i play on this server is because i like the low gravity and the other things fluffy has done to it, and i think too many people might go to normal gravity which will make it diffrent. But we will never know until it has been tried. so lets try it. Do it for a few days and do a vote.
silverado

Postby Apocalypze » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:26 pm

I think there should be a vote option for EVERYONE to chose. Not just one player having high gravity and another having low gravity. Im not sure because i havnt played here very long but you might already have this... just type vote_gravity or somthin
Apocalypze

Postby Maks » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:19 am

There is already a vote like that yes..
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Monkeyboy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:43 pm

I'm going to have to agree with fluffy. I think you guys are overestimating the advantage that is gained by raising the gravity. You can still jump to spoil someones aim, and I find that by using the hook, the results are much better on deadm, than if I try the same move on a regular gravity server. You can jump much higher. You can also jump high enough to do a jump/reload/hook, and even survive without switching weapons.

One of the greatest advantages of low gravity is the increased mobility. You remember trying to get in that window on cs_italy? How much easier is it with low gravity? I usually have to make two or three attempts to jump from the boxes to the window sill. Not with low gravity and the hook. There are areas that are hard to get to, or completely inaccessable to those with high gravity. This fact can be used to great tactical advantage.

You also don't have to worry about slipping and falling off of a ladder or a ledge with low gravity. Let's try playing one of the mice or dustbunny maps with low gravity. I bet you see 10 times the number of falling deaths.

I'd say there should be some admin command or environment vote to enable the settings, and then people can make the gravity change as they like.

That's just my two cents though.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby Maks » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:14 am

ooooh, nice arguments >,<

but what is it with the 2 cents?!?! :?

That's just my four cents though.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Monkeyboy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:45 am

Maks wrote:ooooh, nice arguments >,<

but what is it with the 2 cents?!?! :?

That's just my four cents though.

Someone will often say "that's just my two cents" when they are giving their opinion. It means roughly, "That's my opinion, but I won't be offended if you disagree."
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Previous

Return to Suggestions For Improvement