Personal Gravity

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Should each player be able to select their own gravity

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 12

Personal Gravity

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 am

What do you guys think of adding a feature where each player picks their own gravity maybe through a menu option like:

1) Normal Gravity (Normal for CS)
2) Medium Gravity
3) Low Gravity (Normal for deadm)
4) Wow this is REALLY Low Gravity

Each player would be able to personalize their gravity settings. During the game you would have players at different gravity levels some normal, some low, etc.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:49 am

Sounds cool 8)
But it would be some getting used to. For example: You are flying through the air with normal Deadm Gravity. And suddenly you see someone else with uber low gravity getting much higher then you.

Some questions:
- How can you choose this? In the beginning when you join the server?
- Is it for always once you have chosen?
- After you have chosen, can you choose again or do you need to rejoin the server?

.. :)
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:50 am

mmm, nice idea, but I like this server beacause of its uniqueness, and since I play on the server it has been Low Gravity. Skills are totally different between low and normal gravity. I think you could try it, so in that case I say yes, but permenantly wouldn't be cool I think.

Maybe I have to think a few hours about it :P
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:56 am

Some questions:
- How can you choose this? In the beginning when you join the server?
- Is it for always once you have chosen?
- After you have chosen, can you choose again or do you need to rejoin the server?
You could choose as often as you like through a command you type that would bring up the menu. It would be similar to how the buy_weapon menu works. i.e Type the command and the menu appears.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:01 am

That is usefull because you can adjust it to every map. But still, it brings up alot of confusing people (I think..), maybe an option that you must pay like 0,1 credit per change?

In general, I think it's an pretty good idea.. Funny for the server but as Shabby said, the server will lose some of it's uniqueness.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:04 am

Yeah I remember the day that Maks said: I found a cool low gravity server, come play!

And I came playing and said it sucked (sandstrike was on ;)) but I kept on playing.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Calamari » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:38 pm

i like this idea
Calamari

Postby The one and only kenshin » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:49 pm

Well since I don't play deadm much anymore my opinion doesn't matter so much... but I'll tell you what I think anyways. If you make gravity an option for individual players, the people using normal grav will have a huge advantage over the ones using low grav. I can see it now. Low grav guys are jumping around, normal grav guy sees them and shoots them out of the air.
... auctually now that I think about it the low grav people could at least get around better than the normal grav people. Kinda hard to say how it would really play out without auctually seeing it in use. If normal grav turned out to have an advantage though, not many people would have low grav. Then it wouldn't be "Low Gravity(Deadman Standing)" anymore now would it?
The one and only kenshin

Postby arch » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:14 pm

pffff kenshin =x
800 gravity for me! lol
i like the idea.

hmmm about "Select Your Gravity (Deadman Standing)" ;P
it just doesnt sound right to me.
arch

Postby The one and only kenshin » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:33 pm

*kenshin flys through the air* wheeeee
*arch sees him and shoots him in the head*

... H4X!
The one and only kenshin

Postby Fiz`Gunblade » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:24 pm

You could always activate this system through voting for it, basically so it won't be active all the time.
Fiz`Gunblade

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:09 am

I can see it now. Low grav guys are jumping around, normal grav guy sees them and shoots them out of the air.
How is that any diff than what we have now? Players on the ground shooting players in the air.

hmmm, I just relized you could bind the grav setting to keys and switch often at will. Maybe a time limit or per round limit on how often you can change gravity might be appropriate to prevent abuse. The idea of charging credits might also help prevent abuse.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Anime Otaku » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:30 pm

I agree with kenshin, the people using normal grav will have a HUGE advantage since all they would have to do is jump (well hop) and they can get out of the way and shoot again, while people with low grav jump and they go flying up making them an open target. I like the gravity as it is on the server (I know I havent been on much, but hey, Ive been moving) and the gravity is one of the reasons why I play on this server so much. The way I see it now, you have a really good server with a pretty big fan base fluff. As the saying goes, "if it aint broke, dont fix it"
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:59 pm

Ok, After thinking a few hours, I also have to say I agree with Kenshin. The idea is nice Fluf, but sorry: I can't agree with you this time :(
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:09 pm

I think you guys over estimate any advantages heavy gravity gives people. I would actually say it is a sum zero difference. Hopping in normal gravity does not get you out of the line of file. It actually keeps you in the line of fire. As apposed to low G where you can actually get away.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions For Improvement