*gag*

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby Apocalypze » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:54 pm

Does the punishment have to be so long? I am gagged now and I think i was gagged last monday. I know its only a week but it seems like an eternity.. it sucks when people are talking to you and you cannot respond for one week.. especially for the people that play a lot.. I know that people that use vulgar language need to be punished, but why a whole week? Make it like 1 or 2 days or somthing.

And how long does it take a guy to get ranked on the stats here?

Ive been playing on your server for the past 3 or so weeks and im still not ranked! :cry:
Apocalypze

Postby The one and only kenshin » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:00 pm

Ya know I didn't really mind the language filter while I played... but I never knew why it was there. Is it to protect some of the younger players? Or do you just not like having a server filled with a bunch of people swearing?
The one and only kenshin

Postby Violated » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:29 am

Well the censor is in place for a few reasons, one being that people like to swear constantly and it gets tiresome to be barraged by pointless words because they died. Another reason being is that no self respecting adult wants younger kids around the age of 10 - 15 picking up those kind of words from them or in this case learning them through a service they provide. Another being that people direct those type of words towards other players making the server that much more uncomfortable for others and im sure fluff's goal is to keep a nice clean environment for every CS player to enjoy in the fruits of the server, hence the point the censor.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:22 am

Does the punishment have to be so long?

It is not really a punishment. It is more of a VERY strong warning that we are serious about the language restrictions. The part I will never understand is the server warns you the language is not tolerated. Yet for some odd reason people ignore the warning and intentionally make attempts to circumvent it. It is like telling someone the stove is hot and watching them place their hand on it. In your case Apocalypze you said, "cuz he cant shot for s***". Now the spelling you used says you had already read the warning and were deliberately attempting to circumvent the restriction.

Seven days seems enough time the majority of people decide it is not worth the gag and heed the warning. Trust me the last thing an admin wants to do while playing is to have to constanly say, "Now little Johnny, You know you can't use that language here. Be a good little boy." For those people that ingore the warnings, a 7 day gag seems to help show them the light.

but I never knew why it was there.

Violated's reasons are on the ball (good post). Some of the blocked words are not "bad" words but are just words that get over used. It seems everyone in the age of about 12-17 is an expert on what is and is not gay. At least they proclaim it in every statement, "that shot was gay. BLAH BLAH". You can really tell the age of a player by how often they use that word. I don't really care about that word I just get sick of seeing it OVER and OVER and OVER. It is like being stuck in middle school all over again.

The bottom line is CS is a game. Let's just have an environment that everyone can have fun and enjoy themselves.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby The one and only kenshin » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:56 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote: It seems everyone in the age of about 12-17 is an expert on what is and is not gay.

Hahahaha that's SO true. I'm only 15 myself but hearing people at school say it over and over again gets very annoying.
The one and only kenshin

Postby Maks » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:24 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:"Now little Johnny, You know you can't use that language here. Be a good little boy."

Lol.. why not use that as a new warning?? :P
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Anime Otaku » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:12 pm

Maks wrote:
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:"Now little Johnny, You know you can't use that language here. Be a good little boy."

Lol.. why not use that as a new warning?? :P

hahahah, yes, i would agree...or use this as they are being gagged
"Little Johnny wouldnt listen, and now must pay the price....soap in his mouth for 7 days"
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Postby The Beekeeper » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:04 pm

You should add "Sick" to the gag list, when used improperly it really irks me. Probably the most irritating misuse of an English word ever.
The Beekeeper

Postby The one and only kenshin » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:08 pm

Duuuuuude that idea is SICK!
The one and only kenshin

Postby The Beekeeper » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:11 pm

point proven, thanks.
The Beekeeper

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:09 pm

I personally dont like swearing, but my parents are EXTREMELY opposed to swearing. Because of that, if they see or hear a single swear word, they won't let me play on that server. The cencor stops all that so I can play here. I think its a good idea, cause not just little kids can't hear swearing, but some ppl (such as me) are opposed to swearing because of thier religion.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby arch » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:44 pm

The Beekeeper wrote:You should add "Sick" to the gag list, when used improperly it really irks me. Probably the most irritating misuse of an English word ever.

sick..to the gag list.. :shock:
arch

Postby Monkeyboy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:56 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Some of the blocked words are not "bad" words but are just words that get over used.

In that case can we add the words:
nub
noob
and
autonoob
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby The one and only kenshin » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:17 pm

Monkeyboy wrote:
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Some of the blocked words are not "bad" words but are just words that get over used.

In that case can we add the words:
nub
noob
and
autonoob

You can't add thoes! They're some of the fundamental words of a CS player's vocabulary. No CS server is complete without them!
The one and only kenshin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:43 pm

wat about when ppl go around using an auto shotty or auto sniper... then what will u call them :shock:

auto noobs

Even fluffy used this word in the enable scouts forum, SO now its unbanable :P
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions For Improvement