*gag*

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

*gag*

Postby Anime Otaku » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:19 pm

Fluff, you should really fix that. I know im not the only one whos been gagged for saying something that was not bad. Ive seen violated get gagged on more than one occasion. If you would like help fixing this problem i might know someone who can help if i can not.
He might also be able to help with the ping spikes any other problems you might have.
I have helped him run tests and what not so i know a little from when i was admin on his server.
-Kenshin.
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Postby Fiz`Gunblade » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:22 pm

Sucks man, gags are a pain. i dunno I dont see it needed really, expecially if the program on the server blocks it out
Fiz`Gunblade

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:53 pm

yes, i hate being gagged cause i get so annoyed because i keep getting killed by people and then cant talk once im dead. Then i start to get mad.... very mad... :evil:
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:52 am

The server does not have ping spikes. That is an issue on your client side. I have watched both you and beekeeper's ping spike while playing. Notice how it is just your ping that spikes. If it were a server issues you would see everyones ping hit 400+.

As for the auto gag it grabs about an innocent person a week or so, but catches MANY MANY MANY MANY intentional violators. This last week out of 30 triggers, 29 were serious violators and 1 innocent (about 97% accurate). To get a better ratio than that would require a dictionary lookup and require a great deal of processor time. For now I am ok with that ratio. I review the logs often so the innocents get ungagged rather quickly.

As time goes on I may find ways to improve the ratio more without having to take the CPU/time hit, we will see. I may also tie the auto gag into the server warning system so people would get warnings before the actual gag. That might take some work though.
Last edited by FluffyKitty.deadm on Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:49 am

Fiz`Gunblade wrote:Sucks man, gags are a pain. i dunno I dont see it needed really, expecially if the program on the server blocks it out

The gags and bans are for those un-wise individuals that attempt to circumvent the language block. It is a polite warning (inplace of a ban) to those that fail to head the server's language rules.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:03 am

Ha-ha Fluffy is a n00b because he posted twice without another user posting something between the posts :lol:

:wink:
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:14 pm

ya, it might be a good idea to post some kind of list of words that should not be used. Maybe something that u type in like /bad_words or something? I have heard many ppl ask about that... so it would help alot...

Postby Maks » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:05 pm

So if you want to be gagged.. typ /bad_words and get gagged.. now only for just 1 week! :shock:

:-s
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:01 am

no, what im saying is that if u type in something like bad_words then a list of the fobbiden words comes up.

Postby Maks » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:14 am

Yeah and if somebody wants to get gagged.. he will look up the bad words list.. and gets gagged :?
Maks

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:52 pm

Demolition Man wrote:ya, it might be a good idea to post some kind of list of words that should not be used. Maybe something that u type in like /bad_words or something? I have heard many ppl ask about that... so it would help alot...

Part of the problem with this idea is that if you do this it makes it easier to circumvent the language block. People know exactly which set of missspeliings they can use to get around the block.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby ShabbyBoy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:22 pm

Ehmz, are you also gonna be auto-gagged when you say Amsterdam too much? :?
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:27 pm

yeah.. lol, cuz of the last part..

Zaandam... 8)
Maks

Postby arch » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:59 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:Ehmz, are you also gonna be auto-gagged when you say Amsterdam too much? :?

last time i played...i couldnt say amsterdam when i was talking to maks :?
arch

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:38 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:Ehmz, are you also gonna be auto-gagged when you say Amsterdam too much? :?

No. The gag or ban occurs when a player attempts to circumvent the language block. Hence the warning, "Use of improper words and racism including spaces and misspelling to circumvent this block will get you banned."
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions For Improvement