Enable Scouts

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scouts?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes : 13

Postby arch » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:49 pm

Anime Otaku wrote:
Khaim wrote:
Demolition Man wrote:but the thing is that they will have pistols for close up. U may think that they would hide more, but really ppl suppose that they can sniper down some1 b4 they get close enough to become too much of a threat. Enabling scout will also even up the teams on some maps because usually ts win sniping maps cause thier auto is better (at least to me and to most other ppl, in fact i never use ct auto).

That's actually one of the reasons I'm suggesting this. On certain maps that are very sniper-friendly (st_kaboom, for example) one team often gets out-sniped in the first few rounds and then doesn't have enough money to buy the autosnipers they need to fight back. With scouts, they would still have inferior weapons but they would have a chance.

actually thats where your wrong and you used a horrible example of a map. On st_kaboom, CT's have the advantage since they have the famas, its a one shot burst hs machine. Most of the time i get a 3:1 ratio on that map with the famas, and almost everyone on the other team uses autos.
I also think that enabling scouts is a horrible idea, the scout is more dangerous than any other sniper rifle since its far more accurate. I get a hs almost every time i use a scout, and if i miss the first time, i almost never miss the second time. So lets not hear anymore about this. If a weapon is inactive, there is usually a good reason for it.

well the awp/scout restriction has been here since 1.5 ...and the autosnipers sucked back then lol.. i miss those days :(
arch

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:56 pm

i doubt that u could do as good as u say with a scout... its not like its better than autos, cause if ur good with autos and know when to shoot, u can get very accurate. Its only inaccurate for the noobs who are shooting at ppl very far away and keep clicking without waiting for the recoil to go down.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby arch » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:50 pm

look if you're good at cs and use the auto i would consider you nub imo =/
arch

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:06 pm

well not exactly, i think that when the scout and awp are banned and the auto is the only sniper, its sometimes alright. On some maps, going with an ak or m4 or something will just get u murdered (such as megacrazytank, st_kaboom, and a few other). These are some times when its fune for any1 to use an auto. I would perfer an awp... but o well.

The thing is the auto is probably better than the scout cause if you get stuck in an up close situation, auto can still kill the person. With a scout, you become pretty dead if you get caught in an up-close battle. It then becomes a pistol vs. a rifle or watever they have.

So fluffy, wat do u think about this, any comments or perhaps changes?

Postby Anime Otaku » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:46 pm

mhmmm....thats where your wrong. Play in CAL for awhile and you will see that NO ONE uses autos. Why you may ask? Because they are inaccurate and too expensive. The scout is by far the most accurate sniping rifle in the game. Have you seen some of the better players in the server with a scout? HS HS HS HS.
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:16 pm

So fluffy, wat do u think about this, any comments or perhaps changes?

The reason Awps and Scouts are disabled by default is how they affect the game. When people scout or awp they do not rush. Instead that stand off in the distance and shoot long range. I got tired of watching teams form battle lines and just snipe each other. It makes for a VERY boaring game. With scouts and awps disabled you get much more action with head to head in your face battles.

The only time I find the auto noobs annoying is when a winning team uses them to pummel a loosing team. If your team is killing another team there is no need to auto noob. The most probable changes I would put into place would be to restrict autos on winning teams, but that is a little bit complex to do in a fair way that players understand what is happening.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Anime Otaku » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:10 pm

well you could do this. If a team is winning by 6 or more points, you can disable sniper weapons (autos, scout, awp.) This is what we did on the server i was admin at, and it worked to good effect and caused less people to leave when you have sniper noobs...(I wont name who...but you know who you are.)
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:04 am

sure the ppl at CPL and Cal are really good with scouts, but the thing is that the people at deadm arent real good. And fluffy, the auto causes the same affect in the game that the scout and awp do. Cause ppl with autos dont rush any more then a scouter would.

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:05 am

Demolition Man wrote:Cause ppl with autos dont rush any more then a scouter would.

They actually move about the same as someone with a sig or aug.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby arch » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:29 pm

Demolition Man wrote:ppl at CPL and Cal

ehh ppl at cal? cal's a league :!: you mean IN! :D
arch

Postby Malcom X » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:06 am

Well today after reading this i have a couple of conclusions to make.
That truly autosnipes are either as good or better than the scout.
My opinion leans with better,

It's basically a scout (slightly less accurate) but does more damage, also it spits out the rounds with that annoying sound.

The scout requires a load of skill to succesfully use.
Is that not true?

So what happens on our set up, is the noobs, and the not noobs use the auto.
When the noobs do they get a few kills so what.
When the pwner's use it, it sucks, cause they have a high powered and fast sniper rifle.
I think that the Autos out do the scout and that the scout should be always unlocked and that a vote can be cast for autos, or jsut a vote_all
Woah signature.... Kinda like a sig, which is a Kreig which is a gun in CS.
-Addicted To CounterStrike
Malcom X

Previous

Return to Suggestions For Improvement