Enable Scouts

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scouts?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes : 13

Enable Scouts

Postby Khaim » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:01 am

I really don't see why scouts are automatically banned. They are not one hit kills like AWPs, they are as slow as AWPs, and in general they're inferior to autosnipers. So why not?
Khaim

Postby Maks » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:21 pm

Totally agree.. Stupid autosniper nubs always :P
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:26 pm

Yep, I also agree.

A few months ago I told Fluffy there should be an anti-auto vote. He told he would think about it.
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Re: Enable Scouts

Postby arch » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:32 am

Khaim wrote:I really don't see why scouts are automatically banned. They are not one hit kills like AWPs, they are as slow as AWPs, and in general they're inferior to autosnipers. So why not?

i agree with the autosniper part(darn them noobs >_> ).but scouts arent that slow really lol. scouts can be better then awps at times.
arch

Postby Maks » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:20 pm

I usually get hs with scout :)
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:47 pm

The difference is:
- If your killed by a auto-sniper, the guy who killed you is a n00b
- If your killed by a scout, your PWNed!!!1 :wink:
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Mr. Marine » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:05 am

True but in general I just don't like using stuff that has a scope on it. Most the time you can catch people off guard when they're scoped in. Besides, the more scoping rifles that are available, the more people will camp which will lead to longer rounds and eventually piss people off.
Mr. Marine

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:37 pm

well scouts are a little faster at shooting then awps are, but since autosnipers are enabled, i think scouts should be fine. I dont think that having scouts enabled will cause ppl to camp with snipers any more then is already happening with autosnipers.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby Mr. Marine » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:10 pm

True but with autosnipers, you notice that alot of people will just run around and try to find the person then knock them out since they know a hs kills ez and if not then a 2-3 hit kill could come pretty fast. With scouts you have to hide, because if you come face to face with an automatic rifle, then most likely the person with the scout will lose.
Mr. Marine

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:03 pm

but the thing is that they will have pistols for close up. U may think that they would hide more, but really ppl suppose that they can sniper down some1 b4 they get close enough to become too much of a threat. Enabling scout will also even up the teams on some maps because usually ts win sniping maps cause thier auto is better (at least to me and to most other ppl, in fact i never use ct uato).

Postby Maks » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:23 am

I never use autosnipers :roll: 8)

:-$
Maks

Postby Khaim » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:54 pm

Demolition Man wrote:but the thing is that they will have pistols for close up. U may think that they would hide more, but really ppl suppose that they can sniper down some1 b4 they get close enough to become too much of a threat. Enabling scout will also even up the teams on some maps because usually ts win sniping maps cause thier auto is better (at least to me and to most other ppl, in fact i never use ct auto).

That's actually one of the reasons I'm suggesting this. On certain maps that are very sniper-friendly (st_kaboom, for example) one team often gets out-sniped in the first few rounds and then doesn't have enough money to buy the autosnipers they need to fight back. With scouts, they would still have inferior weapons but they would have a chance.
Khaim

Postby arch » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:48 pm

Khaim wrote:
Demolition Man wrote:but the thing is that they will have pistols for close up. U may think that they would hide more, but really ppl suppose that they can sniper down some1 b4 they get close enough to become too much of a threat. Enabling scout will also even up the teams on some maps because usually ts win sniping maps cause thier auto is better (at least to me and to most other ppl, in fact i never use ct auto).

That's actually one of the reasons I'm suggesting this. On certain maps that are very sniper-friendly (st_kaboom, for example) one team often gets out-sniped in the first few rounds and then doesn't have enough money to buy the autosnipers they need to fight back. With scouts, they would still have inferior weapons but they would have a chance.

well true bout getting out-sniped by autos...not enough to buy autos?? pfff only nubs do that! :lol: hmm inferior?? i dont think so...some people who are good with scout(like me) and outsnipe some random person on deadm with an autosniper :twisted: but usually in st_kaboom i would use an m4/ak.
arch

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:47 pm

key word:
some random person
Sure there are always ppl that almost any1 can outsnipe. The thing is when u get some1 that is acctually GOOD with the autosniper, then ur a gonner....

Postby Anime Otaku » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:01 pm

Khaim wrote:

actually thats where your wrong and you used a horrible example of a map. On st_kaboom, CT's have the advantage since they have the famas, its a one shot burst hs machine. Most of the time i get a 3:1 ratio on that map with the famas, and almost everyone on the other team uses autos.
I also think that enabling scouts is a horrible idea, the scout is more dangerous than any other sniper rifle since its far more accurate. I get a hs almost every time i use a scout, and if i miss the first time, i almost never miss the second time. So lets not hear anymore about this. If a weapon is inactive, there is usually a good reason for it.
"If you know pain and hardship, it's easier to be kind to others. Being kind isn't a weakness." -Kaji Ryoji
Anime Otaku

Next

Return to Suggestions For Improvement