Suggestion

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Suggestion

Postby Monkeyboy » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:44 pm

OK.

This is completely off the wall, and probably not practical, but I still think it would be fun. What if you were to introduce some sort of themed time slots. The themes could be something like:

Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8-9:30 all knife areana maps
    Tuesday and Thursday 7 - 10 sniper maps
    Saturdays from 8 - noon smgs only

I realize that this would probably require additional changes to the deadm mod, but I still think it would be fun.

Another thing that would be cool is to add areana modes where players all start with the same weapon, and aren't allowed to buy different weapons. Possibly even the special weapons, although I don't relish the idea of Napalm arena. I don't think that one would last very long. For some reason I seem to remeber something like this on the server a long time ago, around the time the special weapons were introduced, but I might be mistaken.
Monkeyboy

Postby shrew.deadm » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:38 pm

Yea we had arena mod before. I like your theme idea though, we'll see what fluffy thinks when he sees the post.

Another thing, i would think an admin would have to make these themes happen manually, as with the given mod i dont think there is a scheduled event timer.
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:01 pm

sounds good, because im sleping then ^^ thats very late in Netherlands :-p
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:16 pm

I looked at your web site monkey, nice house. 8)

Around Christmas Shabby suggested a similar idea (Christmas themed maps). The problem I ran into is we don't have enough maps of one type to do much theming. We have a few deagles, a few knives, a few shotguns, etc, but not much of any one type.

As we collect more maps I'll give it a thought.

The weapon arena was cool but it conflicts with the special weapon mod and does not work on all maps so I had to take it off. If I find the time I will try rewitting the arena mod to make it work again and be more map friendly.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:24 pm

i like his avater :D :lol: ^^
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Return to Suggestions For Improvement