Intro Title

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Intro Title

Postby doubleM » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:27 pm

- No offense, but the title of the page with the flash intro hasnt been fixed in several months.

- Also, Fluffy, if you look at this, it might be a good idea in the Maps section to FIRST test if the map pic is available before you throw out a missing image.

- Last but not least, the ranks of all the maps are 0 ;) I think you should check into that.
deadM pwnz!!! (compared to my ownage server that no one ever goes to :l)
doubleM

Re: Intro Title

Postby shrew.deadm » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:09 am

doubleM wrote: - Also, Fluffy, if you look at this, it might be a good idea in the Maps section to FIRST test if the map pic is available before you throw out a missing image.

That's quite an accusation you put out there. Far be it from you to know weather or not the issue was tested or not. Perhaps the image doesnt exsist or perhaps even the problem isnt such a big deal. Furthermore does it really drive you that crazy that a thumbnail is missing, take some pills bro.

Next time be constructive and not accusing.
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:01 pm

- No offense, but the title of the page with the flash intro hasnt been fixed in several months.

Huh?? There have never been any issues with the title page. Plays great for me. Just make sure you have flash media player (7.0 or later) installed in your web browser. If you don't have flash installed in your web browser you will just see a funky icon and have the option to, "Skip Intro".

- Also, Fluffy, if you look at this, it might be a good idea in the Maps section to FIRST test if the map pic is available before you throw out a missing image.

I think I said this before.. HUH?? If you mean not all maps have a thumbnails that is true. Why are you even posting about that? WHen I have the time I will make animated gifs for the maps and you can copy the new ones to your web site, like you did with the last set I made.

As for testing if the thumbnail exists, whats the point. The major web browsers, IE, Netscape, Mozilla, and FireFox correctly handle the referance.
- Last but not least, the ranks of all the maps are 0 I think you should check into that.

Yes, When I put the new map pack out I cleared the DB of the rankings. A map needs to be played at least 15 times before it can be ranked. Maps that have not been played 15 times have a rank of zero (meaning no rank). Zero ranked maps are placed at the top of the rankings page.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Le Wolf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:13 pm

For the title he means that : <title>testmovies/intro_test.swf</title>
Deadm Hook secret:
-Fluffy RulZ all Hail fluffy
-For help say /help
-Deadman Standing www.deadm.com
-Deadmen Don't Speak
Le Wolf

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:44 pm

Le Wolf wrote:For the title he means that : <title>testmovies/intro_test.swf</title>
Odd if he does mean that since all that does is place that name at the top of your web browser.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:50 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:The major web browsers, IE, Netscape, Mozilla, and FireFox

Isn't it Mozilla FireFox instead of Mozilla AND FireFox?

And by the way, what are you complaining about doubleM? I think you have somekind of need of perfection. (don't know how it's really called)And I'm not making fun of you, more people have that. Like me :wink:
But such little stuff as the webbrowser stuff, I mean, come on!! Get over it!! :P
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:06 pm

Isn't it Mozilla FireFox instead of Mozilla AND FireFox?
No Firefox is a different browser that is based off the mozilla code which is based off of netscape. Firefox describes themselves as Mozilla with a different user interface and a much smaller foot print.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:08 pm

huh :?!?!

and I lost it at the foot print stuff :?
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:15 pm

Look at mozilla's web site and firefoxes web site. Mozilla is a suite of tools including web browser, irc, email, etc. Firefox is just a web browser, that touts it self as the next generation mozilla web browser.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:16 pm

Never mind then :D
I get it.. thnx :P
Maks

Postby Cablekid » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:57 pm

Maks the word your looking for is.... *Drumroll*

Perfectionist

I think.
Inuyasha... nuff said.
Cablekid

Postby Maks » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:48 am

Ah yes, that's the one. I didn't came up in me. :)
Maks

Postby doubleM » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:45 am

Im sorry if I caused trouble, I just wanted to post some ACTUALL suggestions for improvement. That is the name of this forum isnt it? And Im sorry about taking your mappack images, I planned to make my own someday but I will remove them now if it makes you happy.
doubleM

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:23 am

I just wanted to post some ACTUALL suggestions for improvement. That is the name of this forum isnt it?

No Trouble caused. It is just the items that you posted aren't really issues.

- If you are having problems with the intro post what your problem is and someone may be able to help. Any problems your are having are client side not server side.

- The second item causes no issues so what would the improvement be? Now if you can post an issue that is caused by the referances, like formatting errors in certain browsers etc, then that is something for me to look into.

- The ranking system is working as desinged. With a small statistical sample you can not generate an accurate rank. You easily can argue the rank of zero is miss leading and perhaps words (like unranked or something similar) would be more appropriate.

I think what people where reacting to, myself included, is your assumption if it is not working the way you feel it should then it must be broken. To assert items, that have always worked, have been broken for months is an intersting suggestion for improvement.

In the end no harm done though, so enjoy.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby doubleM » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:15 pm

Thank you for explaining your responses.

Also, I removed your map pics from my site after I read your post because I realized that that was a wrongdoing.
doubleM

Next

Return to Suggestions For Improvement