Map Voting

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Map Voting

Postby SpongeBob » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:39 pm

Well I know I am a big "Nobody" and this is nothing really but I was wondering if we could make map voting like people nominate 5 maps. Then they vote. Which ever maps get picked they can't be voted for the next 10-20 maps. I saw it on one server. That gives people a chance to choose a map they like and gives people more freedom not selected by the server. Just thought/idea you will use/might use. :)
>>---(^o^)--> I used to beat fluffy at CS.
SpongeBob

Postby Alianman » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:44 pm

I think that sounds like a good idea, most of the time there isnt any maps i like on the voting list. It might not just be me either but nominating is a very good idea.
Alianman

Postby SpongeBob » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:32 am

Fluffy I think I remember you saying something about nomination voting. Would it be ok if we could try it? Give people a chance to pick a map they might like.
SpongeBob

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:57 am

I will take it under consideration. In the past when players could submit votes for maps none of the suggested maps ever won the vote. Frequently the same maps would be submitted. The result reduced the selection of maps, i.e. The list was frequently always the same maps.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Re: Map Voting

Postby arch » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:01 am

Spongebob wrote:Well I know I am a big "Nobody" and this is nothing really but I was wondering if we could make map voting like people nominate 5 maps. Then they vote. Which ever maps get picked they can't be voted for the next 10-20 maps. I saw it on one server. That gives people a chance to choose a map they like and gives people more freedom not selected by the server. Just thought/idea you will use/might use. :)

^^
arch

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:19 am

My assumption arch is that "picked" would mean the map won the vote (a system that is already in place). That is different from a map being nominated. If you were to block any maps that were nominated the result would be the same. Do the math if 3 slots were opened for nominations and not allowed to be nominated again for 20 maps that removes 60 maps from the voting cycle.

The base problem still exists.

If nominations were put in place your choice would be to either:
[list=]- See the same maps over an over in the nominations
- Have a drastically reduced selection of maps to choose from.[/list]
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby SpongeBob » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:46 pm

Well let me put it this way.

Player- nominate cs_assault

Empty- nominate de_dust

NewGuy- nominate de_aztec

Noname- nominate cs_bikini

Someone- nominate cs_assault2k

Now it would say then "Nominations for next map are cs_assualt, de_dust, de_aztec, cs_bikini, cs_assault2k.

At about 1:30 secs left on the map it would put all those maps up and also to extend. People choose the map and then it won't be able to be played for how many maps you don't want fluffy.
SpongeBob

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:43 pm

i played on a server that did the nominations too... You couldnt nominate one of the past 3 maps. Deadm has quite a few more maps....so maybe u could make it so that ppl cannot nominate the same maps that were nominated for the past 3 maps or so.... =D>

and also to extend [the map]

That might not be such a good idea because the server has the special weapons... it would be unfair if some ppl get the map extended when they have a special weapon.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby SpongeBob » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:37 am

it would be longer though not 3 i mean play more maps and choose maps people want
SpongeBob

Return to Suggestions For Improvement