Long Term Rewards

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Long Term Rewards

Postby shrew.deadm » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:15 pm

It's come to my attention that alot of players on the server are hoarding credits for lack of reason to really spend them, thats fine and all but the purpose of the credits are to reward loyalty to the server and i can't see that this objective is being accomplished by this.

So, as a response, i propose that we introduce some new long term credit rewards.

This is one of my ideas for a long term credit reward:

Custom Hook Colors

200 Credits: Purple Solid Hook

350 Credits: Green Solid Hook

500 Credits: Gold Solid Hook

These effects would be permenant and be tied to your STEAM:ID

The Rewards themselves must not effect gameplay and not alter the clients image so much that its a gameplay distraction, such as glowing.

In addition, i believe such rewards would create long term goals for players and give them a sense of accomplishment when obtained.

Players will play longer times and more often.

This is the kind of labor/reward system implemented in many of todays long term mmorpgs like everquest, or ultima online.

So tell me what you guys think, and hopefully we can implement this if enough positive feedback is recieved!
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby arch » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:08 pm

oo thats sweet...but nothing at 150? lols
im already there :P

and do you have to spend the credits for the rewards..

(i asked fluff for a reward a long while back when i had a 100 credits lol
he sed it would cost me 50 xD)
arch

Postby Le Wolf » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:30 am

I want it!
I could almost afford the green hook :twisted:

nice idea
Deadm Hook secret:
-Fluffy RulZ all Hail fluffy
-For help say /help
-Deadman Standing www.deadm.com
-Deadmen Don't Speak
Le Wolf

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:34 am

Yeah.. I was thinking about the same thing Arch.. Must you spend your credits for it or not?? :?
And yes.. It's a great idea but can't the prices go a tiny bit lower :D ??
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:55 am

Of course you dont have to spent money for it! Why would you BUY a color of a hook for 200 credits? :shock:

Lol :lol:
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby shrew.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:12 pm

1. Yes, you would spend your credits. Its simply an alternative to people who dont want to or are bored of the special weapons.

2. If anything i think i will raise the price, my ideal would be to have only 1-3 people with the top tier color. Maybe as high as 800 - 900 credits. This is not meant to be a common thing.
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:16 pm

shrew.deadm wrote:1. Yes, you would spend your credits. Its simply an alternative to people who dont want to or are bored of the special weapons.

2. If anything i think i will raise the price, my ideal would be to have only 1-3 people with the top tier color. Maybe as high as 800 - 900 credits. This is not meant to be a common thing.

lol, your kiddin' right? :shock:
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:55 pm

ShabbyBoy wrote:
shrew.deadm wrote:1. Yes, you would spend your credits. Its simply an alternative to people who dont want to or are bored of the special weapons.

lol, your kiddin' right? :shock:

I hope he is but he probarly ain't :cry:
Maks

Postby arch » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:39 pm

hmm maybe give rewards to loyal 1.5 deadm players :wink:
arch

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:05 pm

Shrew, with all respect but:
Why would someone with 300 credits buy a COLOR for their hook for 2/3 of their credits? :? What does the hook makes better?

Wouldnt it be a better idea to make some kind of bank. If you have credits to much, you can give some on poor people?
ShabbyBoy

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:10 pm

Or have interest :D Like 5 or 10% :D
Maks

Postby shrew.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:03 pm

Its not meant to improve anything, its just to differintiate yourself from the other players. Its purely a visualy distinguishing feature. The players with higher tier colors would be recognized as players that are not noobs to the server, and it would make the players themselves feel more unique.

As for the whole bank scenario, the credits are a device used to reward loyal players. If one had the ability to give credits to someone else it would defeat the purpose.
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:08 pm

If people stop playing CS for some reason, and they wan to get lost of their credits... What do they have to do then?

You bettr spend it for something usefull. Maybe storage them bye an admin, who could give them away to someone who does something useful for the server (so not for a admin himself FLUFFY! :twisted: )

BTW: Newbies on DeadM dont know anything about the hook colors, so they will think your a noob anything. Only players who are much on the server will now, but if they are much on the server, thay also know your not a noob...
ShabbyBoy

Postby shrew.deadm » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:32 pm

But the players that know what it is would want to make themselves appear diffrent from the others to show off. I would think that any customization of your appearance would be desireable.
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby arch » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:36 pm

Arch wrote:hmm maybe give rewards to loyal 1.5 deadm players :wink:

omg i cant believe u ppl ignored my post like that lol
arch

Next

Return to Suggestions For Improvement