How to get deadm active

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

How to get deadm active

Postby izmini » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:19 am

Ok i've been gone from dead for a long time, i've been playing there recently but its really not all too active

I think that i might have a solution , or at least help it get going.

The problem of why its not active is that when people see zero players in the game they get discouraged to join because they think its gonna be 4ever until people join

The solution is to get approx 7 bots in when there are no people in the game , i have seen this in several other servers. Then each time a person comes in 1 or 2 bots leave .. so then it appears active .. so then more people will come and this will increase how much people play at the server.

I hope this could be given a shot because honestly i've seen it in many servers and it always works to get people to come in :D

I hope that helps

-Joe Mama
izmini

Re: How to get deadm active

Postby izmini » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Anyone have a response to this?

I really think this is exactly what the server needs in order to get more regulars , and the regulars even play more
izmini

Postby Dark Soldier » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Sounds good. :D
Dark Soldier

Postby Kane » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 am

What might be less intensive but does exactly as you say is a plugin named fakefull. It does all that except it does not have actual playing bots on the server. Mainly the best way to get it active again, is for all of us to start arranging times together for us to play and remove the opengl requirement so new people can actually join the server.
Kane

Postby AJ|GeRmAn » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey guys

Some of you guys may remember me and I have registered so I can talk a lil in the forum with you all

One thing I have noticed is that you guys moved the server that made me kinda sad since I now have a ping at about 70

I spent much time playing on deadman but since I was on vacation and came back you all had the location changed

I have never really seen many or any people at all in the server since the location was changed but it's true that the traffic was very light when it was in D.C

I hope you guys would consider maybe changing it back to eastside since most of the guys were east and we always used to have a good time together in those days

So I hope you took your time to read this and I hope to see you soon :wink:
AJ|GeRmAn

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Thx for playing the server. Sadly there were just not enough players to justify the cost of the DC server. It spent most of its time empty. If there were players we would of kept the server, but sadly it appears CS1.6 is a dying game.

If players should appear we will gladly power-up another DC server.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby zippy01 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:06 pm

I agree with kane that we should all get on at a certain time and play.
By chrismas time or so I estimate that I should have a computer so I could dedicate time to this. By the way do any of you have gmod?
zippy01_rules@hotmail.com
stand still so i can shoot you
NOOK
zippy01

Postby Kane » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 am

We can try to setup a time maybe 3 days before Christmas for us to play together? That what we can be busy and hopefully not busy due to Christmas day and Christmas Eve.

Also I play Gmod
My account was hacked recently and i lost everyone on my friends list, thankfully though, most of everyone i know was on the deadman community steam group.

If I didn't add you back yet, add the account narutokeita and ill accept soon.
Kane

Return to Suggestions For Improvement