TK Mod

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TK Mod

Postby bradwin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:18 pm

maybe we need this. since for example we sometimes get people who TK with things like vehicles for example.

im suggesting a mod that dosent just kill them right away. but after the 2nd TK they get a message that displays on their screen warning them.
3rd time: slayed at the beginning of the round
4th time: slayed at the beginning of the round
5th time: banned for 30 minutes..
6th time: banned for 1 hour
7th time: [if this is within 24 hours of the previous offense] than permanently banned

after 24 hours. all offenses are cleared though.. since sometimes could be accidental which do happen a lot
When You Need Someone To Win,
Count On Bradwin!

http://www.myspace.com/BradwinSA
bradwin

Postby Dark Soldier » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:06 pm

ya i admit to slaying ppl so i like that idea. maybe we can cut it down shorter to 5 offenses just so they stop a little ealier
Dark Soldier

Postby Kane » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:18 am

I would agree with you dark but what if you accidentally kill more then one person? Sometimes groups of people stay together and get teamkilled together as well.

Example: air_flight2, Someone rushes the green helicopter in the terrorist team and everyone yells for him to stop so he doesnt kill them. He stops and goes after 10 seconds thinking everyone is done. This is what i do, and quite often someone decides right then to jump, move the side heli in front of me, killing that person in the heli, and the people INSIDE of the green heli.

long example, my bad but i hope you guys get my point.
Kane

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:59 am

I have never been a fan of TK mods, simply because they can punish the innocent. I personally have been kicked 4 times on a single map for TK's. That is over 12 tk's on a map. I say that as someone that tries VERY hard to never TK.

The truth is some maps lend them selves to accidental TK's. The real problem is not accidental TK's. The problem is the few players that repeatedly intentionally TK, even when asked not too.

Most friendly fire server has a forgive mechanism where the victim can choose to forgive the offender. The problem is people get mad about being TK'd, accident or not, and punish the offender.

How do you write a script to separate accidental TK's from intentional TK's?

I do not know, but I am open to ideas.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:13 pm

mabee have it but but just get rid of ban and get the tk punishment menu it lets you do fun commands to people if you tk
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby bradwin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:47 pm

if i found you a amx model for one, would that help you fluffy?
When You Need Someone To Win,
Count On Bradwin!

http://www.myspace.com/BradwinSA
bradwin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:59 pm

I am not aware of any AMX scripts that separate accidental from intentional TK's, but any suggestions can help.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:33 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:...

The truth is some maps lend them selves to accidental TK's. The real problem is not accidental TK's. The problem is the few players that repeatedly intentionally TK, even when asked not too.

Reminds me of the old days :twisted:

There isn't really a way to point out accidental TK's. I think that eventually, it would be more convincing to use a simple slay right at the moment you kill a teammate. That way if somebody doesn't want to TK, they can try really hard to stop, if not they will die. The next time they'll drive they'll watch more carefully and drive more carefull aswell, preventing unnecessary TK's. If they don't care about dying them selves, a simple kick + later ban idea would stop the really annoyings ones.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Yeah, but even with the slay, when you get players that intentionally get run over because they think it is funny to watch people get punished. I am not pointing any fingers here.... To anyone.... No hints here who I am talking about.... :roll:
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby AsGoodAsDead » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:02 pm

I actually like the server TK system the way it is. I mean, there are a lot of people who can't drive vehicles AT ALL *cough*ME*cough* but there should be a definite way to separate those that can't drive from those that drive bad intentionally. I was thinking...if maybe you could find a way to launch a vote for a specific person that if they are caught intentionally running people over will keep them from activating vehicles and driving entities. This would be a 70% majority vote and would only last for one map. The person your voting to restrict driving privileges would be kept from driving and thus would keep the INTENTIONAL TKs to a bare minimum because even if that person refuses to stop and doesn't get kicked then the rest of the players can force him to stop without an admin there at the spot. Just a thought I guess. >>
AsGoodAsDead

Return to Suggestions For Improvement