A quick and easy way increase server pouplation

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

A quick and easy way increase server pouplation

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:55 pm

in the past few months i have relized that deadm isnt as played as it used to be i have also noticed that servers with 24/7 before their name have a much higher attandance rate i was just wondering if you could put this on the deadm server and see if the attandance goes up
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:13 pm

The servers with 24/7 on their name just play one map (or one type of map). Ex: dust 24/7. This means they play de_dust 24 hours a day 7 days a week, hence the 24/7.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:42 pm

thats only the ones that have 24/7 (map) i have seen it more and more often now that servers have 24/7 next to their name just because they never shut down at night
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby AsGoodAsDead » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:10 pm

I think that the server popularity is just where we want it right now. That and I wouldn't want to taint the DeadM name by adding a bunch of fluff (sorry fluffy, no pun intended) on top of it to make it seem more pleasing to the average users. Do we really want a bunch of people on the server who are only going to join because we have a silly tag in front of the name? I sure don't.
AsGoodAsDead

Postby Dark Soldier » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:23 pm

im not sure about you guys but this time (especially during march) of year at school i take a lot of tests so im too tired to be doing anything. i still enjoy deadm but im just not in any kind of mood to play. that might be one reason.

but another thing we can try is to say, "10 free credits the first time you play" because even i was a little discouraged when i saw that every hour i played i got a credit. i mean thats fine but i wanted to try it out. what kept me there was all the courteous people.
Dark Soldier

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:41 pm

An interesting idea, but wouldn't that mean every new player joining would buy a heat seeker? So every time a new player or players would join you would have a heat seeker battle?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Dark Soldier » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:09 pm

well i can be less like 5 or something. i havnt looked at the special weapons list for a while so i kinda forgot a lot of the prices.
Dark Soldier

Postby zippy01 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:46 pm

the servers fine i thing because you kno everyone that plays sometimes new peeps come on but still who on this forum can say whos nook?
zippy01_rules@hotmail.com
stand still so i can shoot you
NOOK
zippy01

Postby SpongeBob » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Fluff likes the old ways. I remember though back in the 2002s the server was "bangin". 24/7 interesting never thought about that though as oh I to that server.
Credits given to a player right away I wouldn't vote for that even though I don't play at deadm hardly.
>>---(^o^)--> I used to beat fluffy at CS.
SpongeBob

Return to Suggestions For Improvement