Heavy Armor Skin

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heavy Armor Skin

Postby lnx[art] » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:43 am

well i've been worrying (i do it a lot :P) about the ct heavy armor skin. I mean, what happens if a microsoft exec (or even just programmer) stumbles onto our server and sees it, then reports it to higher levels? Although i guess most microsoft employees will be playing Halo...

Anyways, i was wondering if fluff could manage to use this for the skin :D it would be hilarious, at the least.
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 am

we probably wouldnt have that problem firstly because microsoft programers would be playing xbox360 and also if they are newbs to the server they wouldnt have the map pack yet and would only see the silver guy that says you need the map pack (like i see lol)
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby lnx[art] » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:19 pm

what you STILL haven't got it? lol.

Besides, sometimes xbox360 day in and day out can get old if you helped make the games.. kinda like watching a movie you starred in.
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 pm

i have like map pack 12 on my comp but when i got unbanned it stopped working so i guess ill get 18 when comes out ill get it
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby Maks » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:03 pm

lnx[art] wrote:what you STILL haven't got it? lol.

Besides, sometimes xbox360 day in and day out can get old if you helped make the games.. kinda like watching a movie you starred in.

Have have you ever played in a movie? :roll: :P
I get what you mean though. :P

The skin could be usefull though, maybe when it's halloween or other festivities like such it could be fun. If I remember correctly, weren't there santa suits or atleast a plan for that?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:56 am

I wouldn't worry about it. The model we are using was created by an outside source not related to Microsoft. This means we are not using any intellectual property of Microsoft (no copyright infringement). The only recourse Microsoft has is if Master-Chief is trademarked, which I don't know if it is or isn't. Then Microsoft could issue a cease and desist for us to stop using it. Since the server does not make money, there is no revenue stream for Microsoft to sue for.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby lnx[art] » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:57 pm

well thats good. i agree with Maks, that would be fun for something like that... but which holiday? :S Can't think of a suitable holiday for a suit of armor (get it? SUITable? bad pun :D)
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Return to Suggestions For Improvement