Couple of suggestions

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Couple of suggestions

Postby Monkeyboy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:51 pm

1. Map voting. I like the map voting system, just not the timing. I've been playing one of the servers run by the talos group www.talos.tv. They run a plethora of mods. One in particular that I like is the map voting mod. With this mod, map voting takes place immediatly prior to the map change, so there's no waiting around for 10 minutes for the map change.

2. Looting. Another cool thing from the talos group server is Looting. This is a really cool feature. If you kill someone there's a moneybag icon that appears over their corpse. If you run over to the icon and hit a special command that you have to bind it will loot the corpse. You can take their money, and weapons.

3. Map pack. Please bring out a new map pack soon. If I have to play a crazytank map one more time, I will .... Well I'll probably play anyway, but it sure is getting old.

4. Finally, thanks for the great server to play on. If there is any need for anything too keep things up and going you just need to ask.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:38 pm

Map Vote:
I will look into making adjustments to the map vote. I am a little bit confused though. Currently the nextmap vote occurs 15 mins into the game and the map changes 25 mins into the game. Is it really any different if you wait 25 mins for a map vote then the map changes? Or is it that you are asking to be able to launch a map vote anytime and have it change then?

Robbing Mod:
Interesting idea. I will look into it. I normally do not run other peoples mods on the server. Based on past track records they tend to be poorly written and cause server instabillity, but I will look into this mod.

Map Pack:
The new map pack is in the works. If you have any maps you would like to suggest please post them in the "Map Requests" forum. The bad news is since the crazy tank maps are some of the most liked maps on the server they will still haunt you even with a new map pack. You can view how the maps rank at: http://www.deadm.com/deadm.php?MapRanks

The rankings are based on the results of the, "Do You Like this Map?" votes.

Thx for the suggestions. I will look into them.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Monkeyboy » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:31 pm

With regards to the map voting. I may not have been clear in my explanation. The map voting takes place immediatly prior to the map change. So if the rounds are 25 minutes long, at 24 minutes into the round, the map voting starts. As soon as everybody has voted, or there is a clear majority (not sure which) the server changes the map. No waiting around in anticipation for the next map. Also prior to the map voting, say 22 minutes into the round, the server solicits nominations for some of the maps for the map vote.

Holy crap. I just had another idea. Yeah I know, I hear you groaning. Shut up monkeyboy, shut up!!!!! Stick with me here. What if you had the map approval rating (or maybe rank) listed when you ask for people to vote on the map? It would give everyone an idea of where the maps ranked, and allow them to make a more informed decision.

Finally, I hope you don't take my chatter about cool features to add as me complaining in any way. I've just been playing cs for so long now, that it's always nice to find a server that's running a mod or custom maps. It changes things. Mixes them up a little. I do software for a living, so there is always the "wouldn't it be cool if it did X?" question running through my head. I'll probably continue to blabber here about some idea that popped into my head. Feel free to ignore anything I say.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Return to Suggestions For Improvement