Last Man Bets

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Last Man Bets

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Well I was playing on another server ([Ford] something something) and they have a last man bets system in which when 1 vs. 1 occurs, players bet on who wins. I think it could be adapted for credits and/or money, like this:

Fluffy Kitty(100 health 0 Armor)($200000 and 20 credits from 1 bet) vs. lnx[art](100 health 0 armor)($0 and 0 credits from 0 bets)

1.Bet on Fluffy Kitty
2.Bet on lnx[art]
3.Raise bet $100
4.Raise bet $1000
5.Raise bet 1 credit
6.Raise bet 5 credits

or something like that :)
lnx[art]

Location: In that place with the thing, you know, by that guy.

Postby Blaze » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:45 pm

I understand how this works with the money but not the credits.. does the credits u bet become double or triple? if it does i dont think fluffy might do this because originally the credits are suppose to be given to *loyal player*on the server... ( i dont really explain very well , sry if u dont understand it well )
BEHOLD MY SIG. O=<!
Im Over Here , No not there , HERE!
Blaze

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Cool concept. I normally don't implement anything with betting on credits. It is too easy to lose them. Play 5 hours and lose them in a second. Vegas might do it to people all the time, but I don't have the heart to. 8)

My only concern is I do not like to just blatantly copy things from other servers. If we can use this as inspiration to create an original idea, I am all for it.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby lnx[art] » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:34 am

well its widesread actually..not just from that server. I was just trying to post a name so someone could check it out and see what i mean.

btwit is an adaption.. credits :P

besides.. people are smart enogh to not bet ten credits or whatever on someon who they arent sure would win. Or just bet 1 credits if their not sure. Or not at all :P

My point is, you don't have to bet, so its all okay :)
lnx[art]

Postby Maks » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:37 pm

If credits should be used i think you should set a limit. For example, you can bet for 0.1 credits.. and only a maximum of 5 or something.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby bradwin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:06 pm

yea it looks nice.... but id be hasty with how many credits id use... (just my personal preference)
When You Need Someone To Win,
Count On Bradwin!

http://www.myspace.com/BradwinSA
bradwin

Postby zenix_m$ubn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:20 pm

It really is wide spread. AMX-X Plugin (aptly named Last Man Bets). http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=24875 The limiting credits idea, IMO, is a great one. Maybe in units of .5/1, with a limit of 3-10 (wow). Many people who have played forever (La Moppe is an example - 100+ credits! :shock: ) may want to splurge a little while also the newer ppl / low credits ppl (like me) wont bet credits, just money.
zenix_m$ubn

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:26 am

Just had an idea: How about a new point system similar to creds but only gained by bets? Like you start with 1 point and you can buy a cred for 20 points maybe.. It still rewards players who are regulars because you'd have to play and bet for a while to get 20 points :)

Btw for those who still don't get it you would bet these points ;)
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby zenix_m$ubn » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:48 am

Ok, lnx[art]...you want Fluffy to create a third currency only for bets?

Anyways, good idea. See you have a new avy :) Here is what I got from lnx[art]'s post with some of my own ideas...
lnx[art] (with a few modifications from zenix...) wrote:A player starts a map with 5 points, no matter when he joins be it 3 secs into the game or 3 secs before the next map change (lol, no chance to bet)... When it happens to be 1vs1, players bet points (only) on who they think will win. If a player gains 10+ points in 1 move, they gain $$$$$$ while a person winning 20+ may gain credits. The 20+-to-get-credits would probably get spammed as really good players end up being the last few people and everyone would bet all their points on them and most likely will win. So...maybe a maximum bet of 10 points? Or even 7-9? Dunno... Also, you get 1 point every hour you play (like credits) and 1 for each kill you make. Points are reset at map change.

I like my ideas better :lol:
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Odd, how most suggestions by zenix involve some form of free credits. Is there a pattern here?
In your case I will make an exception. If you play the server for one hour, I will give you a credit. I guarantee it.
:lol:
zenix_m$ubn

Postby lnx[art] » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:51 pm

no, i think mine is fine like it is. points should be universal, not just one map. (call them something other than points, creds and points will get mixed up :P)

Points only is what i was thinking too.

Maybe 50 point = 1 creds.. to increse fairness. I say max bet of five and start out with one cred on your first join of the server.

Maybe u can exchange creds for points if You are really sure the guys gonna win but your short on points :P
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby zenix_m$ubn » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:55 pm

Ok, say u exchange 1 credit for 50 points (following your equation here) and then bet 20 so you get 1 more credit and win. Next time you bet 20 again and lose. All you really did was gain 1 credit. Probably should be:
Code: Select all
1 credit = 20 points

So if a person spends those 20, they get 1 credit (and they win the bet).

Hmm....alternative name for points? Duuno...chips? :lol: Maybe coins? Don't think that'll work to well also...eh well.

If multiple people win the bet, how will the pot be divided? I think an even distrubution system with any left over be added to the pot again (i.e. 5 people bet and win with a pot of 24, each person will get 5 with 4 still in the pot) There should be some weight towards how many points you betted initially, but I don't know an effective equation for that...
Oh! New idea!...

Dang...
FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Odd, how most suggestions by zenix involve some form of free credits. Is there a pattern here?
In your case I will make an exception. If you play the server for one hour, I will give you a credit. I guarantee it.
:lol:
zenix_m$ubn

Postby lnx[art] » Thu May 03, 2007 2:42 pm

Ok, say u exchange 1 credit for 50 points (following your equation here) and then bet 20 so you get 1 more credit and win. Next time you bet 20 again and lose. All you really did was gain 1 credit.

..What? I am lost....

If multiple people win the bet, how will the pot be divided? I think an even distrubution system with any left over be added to the pot again (i.e. 5 people bet and win with a pot of 24, each person will get 5 with 4 still in the pot) There should be some weight towards how many points you betted initially, but I don't know an effective equation for that...

he he grammar mistake ^_^
Agreed. Perhaps:
Code: Select all
b=players bet
t=total (points? chips?) in winners pot
w=winnings of the player
p=number of players who bet on the winner

for(i=0;i<p;i++){
w=(t+p)-p
givePlayer(point, w, i)
}

Note: pseudocoding :)
-Lnx[art]-
-Linux Art-
lnx[art]

Postby terrorizorpwns » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:57 am

if it was with credits they could be split in any number of decimels
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby Mr Wizzard » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:51 am

sounds like people are making this a lil too complicated
Mr Wizzard

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:24 pm

no last man bets are pretty simple
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Next