paid for server

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

paid for server

Postby bradwin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:25 pm

one day i went onto the server and i saw hit-me there and i was talking to him about your server and how it is a dedicated server and how you must have a lot of plugins on it and such. well evanchully we got to him saying that you (fluffy kitty) needed to find a companie that has server makeing capability's and other things like vent servers and such. well my clan uses this sertain companie that has 13 different locations and it runs servers off in newjersey. well its 1.99 per slot for a public server and 1.49 per slot for a private server, payments are monthly and you can have it for about 20 different games (includeing counter strike 1.6), and if you want the link just go to

- www.Team-sa.net (my clans website that has the link on it)
-go under SA network until you go to SA Donations
-youl get a html and delete it until you get something like this
- https://my.gameservers.com
- then regester for a account by going to the top right corner and clicking on order your server
- then fill out the info regaurding what you want to have for your server, the companie can hold up to a 40 slot public server at most.
-if you dont make your payment for 1 month but you send fit in like 3 days late then when it gets there they will re-activate your server again..... i told you this just becuase hit-me said you are haveing problems finding a compaine that wont cheat you out of your money but let me assure you that they wont, if you want to see some of their work and how they do their server check out our server

8.9.4.115:27015

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:01 pm

Yeah, I actually had an account with them (for about 2 days). Sadly all their boxes run linux. The DMS Mod only runs on windows right now.

By the way.. your clan logo looks very.... Pink.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby bradwin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:54 pm

lol, pink! so ur saying becuase u use ur dms mod and that those servers use the amx mod, you cant run your server with theirs? well also i say try it again becuase when you get ur server running with them, you have a 5 day return policy....
bradwin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:20 pm

The issue is not related to AMX Mod. The issue is the DMS mod is compiled C++ code. Meaning it is operating system specific, so it has to be ported to linux for it to work on their servers. Even then HLDS runs better on windows than on linux. For what ever reason HLDS is a dog on linux and uses considerably more resources, making it a poor choice for a game server.

Which is odd why they choose to exclusively run Linux boxes, but maybe it has benefits for games other than HLDS.

The reason DMS Mod is compiled C++ is performance and stability. If we were to try to mimic the functionality of DMS Mod using a scripting language like AMX, it would be a nightmare and CPU Hog.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby bradwin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:55 pm

yea i see ur problem, well since i do understand that for your server to run you need to use ur customized dms mod. but when you do buy/rent a server from there you have cnfiguration setting you can adjust to fit your specefic needs. so which means you can take out the amx mod that it provides with you when you buy the server adn re add a new mod in, in this case its your dms mod. then if something does go wrong or you need to change something on the server it is linked to your comp. so that you can restart it when you need to to re-add things just to get it right, and anywayse you will get ur money back within 5 days of buying it, so what do you have to lose?
bradwin

Postby Maks » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:05 pm

He doesn't know when to quit does he? :D
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby bradwin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:08 pm

well i hope to get our leader in here to explain all of this becuase hes also our side coder and such, heil explain it morwe thurally if i can get him in here!
bradwin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:39 pm

I can not put it any simpler than..

DMS mod is compiled C++ code making it operating system specific. It only runs on windows. It can not in any way shape or form run on Linux, no matter what configurations you change. The C++ code has to be ported to Linux for it to work on a Linux box.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby bradwin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:57 am

hmmm.... well im sure you will find a way to get around that :D
bradwin

Postby bradwin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:06 pm

WELL, ive just learned that at gameservers.com they also support dedicated servers if you pusrchase a dedicated server from them you can run it with windows 2003 web edidtion or it can run off of linux (fedora)

heres the link it will all explain:

https://www.gameservers.com/order/step2 ... &step1.y=9
bradwin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:20 am

For $400 dollars a month that is really over priced. The going market for that type of dedicated server is $250-$350 a month. But yes, If I wanted to pay $400 dollars a month to play a video game I would rent that server.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby bradwin » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:51 pm

well that is what you get for haveing such a compicated mod, i know that since it is neer the holidays when you make a accoutn and a order neer a holiday, you get a like 35-45% discount, so if you set up a account on like say the 23rd and send the money that day it should cost around $260-300
bradwin

Postby bradwin » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:56 pm

yea even if you only get a 20% discount it would lead to $320 and at the very most a $150 discount, we signed up neer a holiday and all of our stuff is 50% off so maybe that would help your decision....
bradwin

Postby bradwin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:27 am

maybe this could work or maybe it wont, but heres my idea:

-part of the reason that you cannot use a regular server is that your servers require lunix (like ours) to run it

-well we use our server running it with amx and lunix at the same time compacted into a core/base "proccesor" as you might say

-well we use the base for lunix combined with amx to be compatibe with gameservers, so here is a link that i think will help a lot, if not then i have no idea about what i am talking about :D

http://www.amxmodx.org/downloads.php

this is also able to be used on servers that are dedicated servers as well for the plugins use for later if you ever need to run your dedicated 1 off of your computor again, use these plugins to help a little.... :D
bradwin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:58 am

From my past posts:
DMS mod is compiled C++ code making it operating system specific. It only runs on windows. It can not in any way shape or form run on Linux, no matter what configurations you change. The C++ code has to be ported to Linux for it to work on a Linux box.
The reason DMS Mod is compiled C++ is performance and stability. If we were to try to mimic the functionality of DMS Mod using a scripting language like AMX, it would be a nightmare and CPU Hog.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions For Improvement