Minor addition to website?

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Minor addition to website?

Postby justone10minute » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Would it be possible to add a line of text stating the current map and number of players in the server on the main website or specific webpage? Makes browsing for games easier without steam.
"the scar had not pained Harry for 19 years. All was well."
say hi if you see me
safety place w/ C.L.Fox
s.tudents.harps.HOOTER
justone10minute
trust me, i'm a jedi
Hero Drink
justone10minute

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:20 pm

We can look into it. I am puzzled though, if you are not running steam then why look at games that require steam?

Personally I just use the server browser built into steam with the servers I play added as favorites.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby justone10minute » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:33 am

It would be faster for those who do not have steam open all the time.

In my case, steam does not work for me. I can save favorites but it will reset the next time I turn steam on. In order to find out what map and # of players, I must re-add the server every time. I keep a list of servers I frequent in my firefox browser for their ips. Some of them have a page dedicated to the current status of the server. I was wondering if it would be possible for this server to do the same.
"the scar had not pained Harry for 19 years. All was well."
say hi if you see me
safety place w/ C.L.Fox
s.tudents.harps.HOOTER
justone10minute
trust me, i'm a jedi
Hero Drink
justone10minute

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:04 am

The ingame browser is messed up. But there is another steam browser that works. When you open the list of games you have for steam, at the top of the window is a menu called "View". From that menu you can select "Servers" and it will bring up the server browser for ALL favorites of ALL games you have for steam.

That browser window can be left open as long as you like while you use windows. It automatically updates it self.

Using that browser will also "fix" your in game favorites so they work again (or appear again) after a steam update/restart, without having to re-enter them.

We can look into doing the update status on the web page. In the near future right now my time is taken up working on the next generation of web/ingame statistics for the server.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

*bump*

Postby zenix_m$ubn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 pm

I would like to see that, but I may request a small change - make it a plain text file, that way people who like to code to much could easily parse the file and find the stats of the server :) Err, uh...not to say it's me or anything...
zenix_m$ubn

Return to Suggestions For Improvement