getting rid of afk spectating kick...

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

getting rid of afk spectating kick...

Postby bradwin » Thu May 11, 2006 9:03 pm

when you connect to the server you have a limited amount of time to pic a team to be on. well if you dont want to be on a certain team because, their loseing, you hate a player on that team, ect...
then you should be able to just go to specatte and sit there until the team that you want to go to is open. im just saying that you get rid of the kick for poeple that have gone in and gone to spectating, and kick those poeple that join a team but then later leave their computor.

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu May 11, 2006 9:08 pm

Then people would just sit in spectator to crank up credits.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby bradwin » Thu May 11, 2006 9:14 pm

no thats not what i mean, dont give them credits. only give them credits if they are on a team and are playing.

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu May 11, 2006 9:25 pm

That makes calculating credit much harder, since you would have to start and stop the tracking. At any rate spectators are using a slot on the server that could be used by someone wanting to play, rather than someone waiting to play.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Re: getting rid of afk spectating kick...

Postby Violated » Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 pm

bradwin wrote:well if you dont want to be on a certain team because, their loseing

So you admit you like to stack the teams, thats just wrong. As fluff has pointed out why let someone just sit there cause they dont like the way things are going for them when someone else who doesn't care about the same situation not get to play.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby bradwin » Fri May 12, 2006 5:48 pm

i dont like to stack teams, the reason i wrote what you put in quotes is that, for example: there is someone new to the server that dosent like to be on the loseing team. and they go to spectate until some leaves, or there is a spot open to that team. then they go to that team.
thats what i ment. not to stack teams but the example that i just gave you

Postby AsGoodAsDead » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Another little thing I'd like to add to Bradwin's request...sometimes you just are busy and need to get off but you don't want to leave the server. It would be nice if you could go into spectator mode to go afk instead of going afk on the server and slowing the game play down (like when the last guy alive is afk and he wont get kicked for another minute or so. Of course, don't forget that while in spectator, the credits wouldn't be given...I really just dislike being kicked after i go get something to eat or carry in the groceries and don't want to reconnect ever time it happens.
AsGoodAsDead

Return to Suggestions For Improvement