90 Day Mute?

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

90 Day Mute....too much? Or not enough?

Too much!
67%
Not enough!
33%

Total votes : 9

90 Day Mute?

Postby Bryvayne » Wed May 10, 2006 4:19 pm

I'm sorry but the muting for 90 days seems a tad outlandish to me. I just recently bought a headset so I can finally communicate on my favorite server just to find out I have another two months to go before I can chat? I leave for the Army on May 24th! Why are we to be muted for a typed offense? And why not let the punishment be-fit the offense?
Bryvayne

Postby everyday » Wed May 10, 2006 6:07 pm

you see, why waste the money for headset and talk in cs? you can just type. Most ppl use mic to rant and rave stuffs(happens a lot when you go to other servers especially pub), and 3 months isnt a very long time, i could stop playing deadm for 3 months and come back owning again. If you really need to say something, find cover and type fast. If you really that afraid of the filter, then dont talk at all.

PS: when ppl use mic it lags the game, thats why fluff warn ppl of spamming mics, talking too long in one go, or playing music in the mic.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

OH NOES ITS <insert Dms admin here>, *runs*
everyday

Postby bradwin » Wed May 10, 2006 6:37 pm

when you have a mic (a good mic) you can talk instead of typeing. it is a lot faster, saves time, ect...

Postby Bryvayne » Wed May 10, 2006 9:02 pm

Right......why warn a teammate of an enemy directly to his left that he might have time to catch before he's gets slugged by using the mic, when I can type it out and die also.....great logic. Btw, time is of the essence for some people, and I especially like taking advantage of new methods of playing.
Bryvayne

Postby CDS-101 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:11 pm

The mic is good, was your *gag* for good reasons? if not mail admin@deadm.com
Goku reeled in horror. Hitler continued laughing, then finally said "Goku! You came here expecting to find a madman, but instead, you found A GOD!" Hitler had become a Super Saiyan.
CDS-101

Postby Bryvayne » Thu May 11, 2006 2:29 pm

Lol well my first gag ever was for a good reason. And in all honesty, the 90 day mute would still be in effect from my very first, if not then maybe third, gag. The problem is that I think 90 days is ridiculous, especially if the offense was typed and not said. As for it lagging the server or players, is the mute option really that inefficient? Or are people just too lazy? I personally was just asking for leniency on the punishment since I'm not gonna be able to play on Deadm for a long time, if ever. And since it's the only server I play, I'd like to be able to take advantage of all it has to offer, and I've never played any online games with a headset before. Which is why I find the 90 days a little too much. Apparently not many feel the same.
Bryvayne

Postby everyday » Thu May 11, 2006 8:46 pm

ppl sometimes do hate the term "ghosting", that dead teammate can talk to live teammates, this probably fustrates the other team cz the dead can observe and expose their location very easily
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

OH NOES ITS <insert Dms admin here>, *runs*
everyday

Postby Violated » Thu May 11, 2006 10:07 pm

Well if someone types something not allowed on the server chances are they will be more likely to speak it since you dont have to think about each word, as when you type, so if you speak inappropriatly enough to where you are typing it and dont catch it then chances are you will say it and not even know it. [Sarcasm]Also since fluff is far from installing any decent voice recognition software integrated into CS[/Sarcasm] the only way to catch people with the mic is only if an admin is on, someone reports you to fluff with time and date and hope hltv is on at the time so fluff can review it.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 12, 2006 9:16 am

All of what Vio says is correct. I would just add that gags, for the most part, occur not for cussing, but for attempting to circumvent the language block by using spaces, etc.

So a gagged person is not an innocent person. Instead it is someone that has ignored all the warnings and taken deliberate steps to circumvent the language block. This is not at all a good candidate for using the mic.

I should also mention people that use abusive language on the mic permently loose use of the mic.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Bryvayne » Fri May 12, 2006 12:41 pm

While all are valid statements, it still doesn't justify (to me) 90 days of being muted on the mic, especially since I have yet to use it.
Bryvayne

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri May 12, 2006 12:51 pm

You are kind of missing the point. The 90 days is not to justify it to any one. It is to make sure we do not have an issue on the server. This makes an excellent example case. If you do not want to be muted for 90 days then respect the server warnings and do not attempt to circumvent the language block.

The server warnings clearly warn you can be banned for attempting to circumvent the language blocks. I would say a 90 day mute is letting you off easy. You made the choice to ignore the warnings. Now it is time to live with the result of your descision.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Bryvayne » Fri May 12, 2006 12:57 pm

Fair enough.

Guess I won't be using the headset, then.
Bryvayne

Return to Suggestions For Improvement