On the Topic of Gagging

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

On the Topic of Gagging

Postby Bryvayne » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:05 pm

I find that since you don't present a list of banned words....that every now and then a person who has been gagged before should be able to get "refreshed", as in treated like they've never been gagged. Let me explain.

I went weeks without ever purposely or accidentally swearing. I was rewarded by getting inadvertantly gagged for saying the word "Psht" which is just something one expresses to say "whatever" or "suuuuuuuuuure" I'm sure you get the picture. But having been "Warned" before and also gagged, I was instantly gagged without any second chance (I know those who have sworn before don't deserve the second chance, but for words like "psht" it's quite frustrating given that it isn't a swear or meant as one.) So I think anyone who's gone a particular amount of time without being warned a second time or even gagged.....should get a "Refresh" that way they won't get instantly gagged for accidentally saying something that might be considered inappropriate after a long time of good (if not great) behavior.

Everyone get me?
Bryvayne

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:30 am

yea, that might be a good idea, and this can also be applied to air strafing warnings. Btw, if you get gagged for saying a not swear word, just tell fluff the time and he will ungag you usually within a day. You see, psht-p=sht which looks like an attepmt to miscurcumvent the block. It catches things like that occasionally, so just talk to fluff.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

hmm

Postby Genre » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:31 am

Well I'm not a swearing type of a person. Lease negatively. But I know my enviroment and act accordingly, for exmaple, our server is a cuss-free enviroment.
But because I'm a talkative type in cs, I tend to say a lot of things. Sometimes very unnecessary. and sometimes, I get punished for it.
In a map called desktop, I've noticed that the sheets on the bed were purple. I thought it was pretty girly for a guy's room (i'm guessing) so I said "hey the sheets are purple" which I got punished for. I guess I used to wrong S word.

I'm not sure if the admin will agree with the idea but it is not a one to pass by so quickly.
I think the easier solution might be using credits.
Say... 10 credits to remove your gag.
But after just typing that, I've realized that you can't "buy_weapon" because you can't buy anything or start any vote because you're gagged.
If there was a way to do such a thing, then it'll be nice trade-off for dedication to the server and throwing away such amount of credits.
(obviously not something someone new to the server can do)
(also it punishes by taking away your fun-weapon privaliges)
Genre

Postby Maks » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:13 am

You can type in console buy_weapon and the menu will pop up.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

ooh

Postby Genre » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:33 pm

ohhhh~ good idea. couldn't think of that before.
Genre

Postby bradwin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:11 pm

but if you take away gags for credits their not getting the punisment they deserve for saying those bad words that they said and they will probobly get gaged again and spend another 10 credits, and the process keeps going on. And why make it cost credits, it would be completely make the gag filter system inevitable, so why do it? do ya get what im sayin?

bradwin

when you need someone to win count on bradwin
bradwin

Postby Bryvayne » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:10 pm

I'm just asking for a refresh period after going so long with good behavior. There's nothing more frustrating then getting an inevitable 7-day gag for a slipped word without any warning after having almost a month of cleanliness just because you got one warning like 4 1/2 weeks ago, see what I'm saying? Any mods on the subject?
Bryvayne

Postby Maks » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:24 pm

You could also just accept the fact that you will be gagged for 7 days and if you don't like it you can e-mail le fluffster.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:53 am

But what if the other 2 warnings were just random catches between words, like "finish tho" could become sht (recent warning for me). So lets say the third was a real one, would you get gagged?
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby terrorizorpwns » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:50 am

this seems like a good idea wonder y it never took effect
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Return to Suggestions For Improvement