Vote_halftime

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vote_halftime

Postby Genre » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:30 am

There are many times when we vote and play new maps that seem intresting. But they turn out to be very repetitive and boring (for example silentscope or seak and die). They may be really fun for first 5 min. but everyone will start complaining. During these times, I wanted a way to move on to the next map quicker.

thus: vote_halftime
if someone launches the vote and we get enough people to agree to it, the remaining time will be shortened to half of the remaining length. Of course we will have to vote on the current map and then we can vote for the next map.
So I guess the maximum time it could be shaved to would be 15min. and the minimum should be say... 5 min.? would that be enough time to launch the voting of the current map and the next map?

you can change the name of the vote... and the details of course.
I think this will stop the crying of our children.
Genre

Postby Maks » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:50 am

It would be a new idea in the first 2 weeks of new mappack release, but if a map would still be voted after those 2 weeks it shouldn't be allowed to activate that vote. At least, that's my opinion.. to just do it in the first 2 weeks or something. Because eventually it will be real votes for a map, cuz people really like it.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Crusk » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:59 pm

or what happened to the old rockthevote? :?
Crusk

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:28 pm

We took rockthevote off the server years ago. There was always a small group of people that would constantly vote for the same map over and over. Rockthevote was replaced with the current system that takes into account the results of the, "Do you like this map?" votes and prevents maps repeating. The goal being the preferences of the community on the whole are taken into account, rather than the preferances of the few.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:42 pm

Don't forget about special weapons either, with shortened maps, there is less playing time for your weapons. That is also why there is no rockthevote, because people would do that when others get a special weapon.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Return to Suggestions For Improvement