List of banned words

Have a constructive idea to improve the server? Post it here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

List of banned words

Postby Genre » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:21 am

many times when I play on this server, I get afread to say what's on my mind. Because I don't know which words are banned or not, I have to choose my words carefully or not say it at all (which is frustrating sometimes).

Is there a way you can show a list of banned words on the server so that we know not to use those words? there are many "bad" words that can be said alternatively. there are also "funny/joke/not-bad" words that could be said the wrongly and get punished for it.
I think if you show the words, players will be warned with detail. that way they can't complain.

what do you think fluffywuff?
Genre

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:04 am

We do not post word lists. Basic rule, just dont cuss or use inappropriate language. It really is not that hard to do.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:51 am

After 4 years of experience.. it's still kinda hard for me :(
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:38 am

But English is your second (or third) language Maks. I am sure you know exactly what your parents want you to say or not to say when it comes to Dutch.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Genre » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:35 pm

English is also my second language. (korean is my first)
Yet I believe that the "cuss/swear words" are only bad when you use them in a negative context. It has always been a controversial subject if such words should be considered negative or not.

Also, players can express their negative feelings by alternating the words.
for example, if someone used "fk you!" it is obviously offensive and negative towards another. yet he/she did not use the exact word that could be in the banned list.
another example would be when someone uses a word non-negatively. would someone be gagged if they said something like "today in class we were discussing about heaven and hell"? where hell could be considered offensive to some people.

For myself, I don't believe in swear words. most of the words that are banned have meaning that is usually not very negative. It's just that dumb kids... and adults abuse those words which leads to offending others.

In conclusion (lol)... I like the system where we punish those who abuse the words in our server. Let's just some how justify when we accidently use it in non-negative context.

:!: IDEA!! to cutdown fluffy's time with reviewing the things people said, how about when we say something and find out it's banned (we didn't mean to), can we write "/review" or something where we will send the last 3~5 messages for review to admins? I think this way fluffy will have more time and better justice system.
Genre

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Here is a better idea. DON"T USE ANY FORM OF ANY TYPE OF ABUSIVE LANGUAGE WHILE ON THE SERVER. If you are incapable of knowing what is abusive language then by all means, DO NOT PLAY THIS SERVER. Hint: If you say, "fk you" to some one you are trying to use abusive language toward that person. Even if you type the word in part or in whole, and YES you WILL get gagged for it and YES you can get banned for it.

As I always say:
Make no mistake. We are absolutely unconditionally dedicated to providing a cuss free family friendly gamming experiance. If you find that over the edge then I suggest playing one of the other 70,000 CS servers out there. Most of them couldn't care less what you say on them.

It is all about the family friendly cuss free environment. Published word lists only make it easier for people to circumvent the blocks. They do not improve the gaming environment.
Last edited by FluffyKitty.deadm on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:26 pm

lol :D

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:But English is your second (or third) language Maks. I am sure you know exactly what your parents want you to say or not to say when it comes to Dutch.

uhm.. yeah english is my second language.. german i guess third :) (although if shabby reads this he'll say it's my first)
and my mom doesn't really mind if i cuss or not.. if i'm pissed i yell and cuss whatever i want.. sometimes she says something like: he watch your mouth
but i don't really care most of the time :P

ps: because this is like the only cs server i play at.. i abliche to the rules and keep myself unbanned 8)
Maks

Postby Genre » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:34 pm

sure sure~
it was just a suggestion.
and again, I like this server's enviroment.
Genre

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:43 pm

I do not mean to appear to beat on you for making a suggestion. I actually love and welcome suggestions. If I came across as harsh I appologize.

When I grow up I want to be nice, like CDS-101. Until then I will have to settle for being evil and mean like Maks. 8)
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:03 pm

Welcome to the dark side 8)
Maks

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:47 pm

Yea, you won't get a gag warning if you say the word correctly, it will just block that out. Circumventing the block is what gets you gagged...
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Return to Suggestions For Improvement