Cheating Death

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cheating Death

Postby FireIce » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:53 pm

Hello Deadm.

Just wanted to let you know I enjoy gaming on your server. Its upbeat with the map changes, low grav, and the speacial weapons. :D

The down side is cheating death. I am constantly downloading the latest version of cheating death and installing it on my system. (currently 4.17.1) I ensure that I start CD prior to starting Steam, but it happens everytime. Your server tells me I am not running CD on my system. Its ok most of the time cause Im not an A1 gamer and my score is low, but when we get a map that I seem to do better in and start to get a good kill ratio going I get booted by your system for not running Cheating Death. :x

I need some help to resolve the cheating death problem. Please contact me with and solutions you may have.
FireIce:

Thanks and have a wonderful day!
FireIce

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:47 pm

Make sure you see the CD icon in your task bar in the lower right corner of your display after you launch C-D. If your problem continues go to the cheating death support forums at: http://www.unitedadmins.com
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby shrew.deadm » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:12 pm

I usually shut off steam, then start CD then start Steam again.

Fixes it for me, i have the same issue sometimes.
-Shrew -=Former Admin=-

shrew@deadm.com
shrew.deadm

Postby SpongeBob » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:37 am

You don't have to exit out of steam fully to start C-D. Just exit out of Counter-Strike. Go to the icon of C-D and double click it. Wait for it to start back up. Then you go play CS and it should work.
>>---(^o^)--> I used to beat fluffy at CS.
SpongeBob

Thanks deadm people....

Postby FireIce » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:00 pm

I have found that if I restart my pc, then fire up CD, then come into Counter Strike directly to your server, it works. Your system recognizes me as having Cheating Death. But if I leave your server and come back again with out turning CD off or even Counter Strike, when I come back in again it says No CD.
It may be a problem with Windows ME and Steam, and CD. But I have found a way for me to game on your server and have it work.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I appreciate your help.

Mark... FireIce :D
FireIce:

Thanks and have a wonderful day!
FireIce

Return to Support for Problems